Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

Not Envy...but who am I??

Hi,

I received this as Maguire's Envy in my latest order and obviously it is something else..at first I thought it might be Brendon's Flower..then it got darker and I thought maybe Lavender Blue..but it seems to be getting darker and now I don't know..I looked at their website and there are a number of pinks it could be..anyone want to venture a guess before it opens??

I'm not bothered in the least that it isn't Envy since my first bulb survived it's bad case of rot.(only after I ordered a second did it start to grow leaves)I just hope I didn't get someone else's bulb and they are disappointed if they got my Envy...Take a look...

{{gwi:431324}}

{{gwi:431325}}

{{gwi:431326}}

{{gwi:431327}}

I suppose it still could be another Lavender Blue....

Donna

Comments (6)

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

Donna,

I got a mislabeled 'Miss-B-Haven' too, I'm not sure what it is but I will post a picture tomorrow!

My 'Envy' is about to open and it's already dotted on the outside of the closed flower! Can't wait till it opens :)

Josh

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hmmmm, I don't remember Envy being "dotted"..and maybe mine is "your" Miss-B-Haven..we should know in a few days...

Donna

Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi,

Well, My Not Envy has bloomed..rather pretty, but not as pretty as Jasmine or Lavender Blue..as she was coming into her color I was hoping she would have a white center and be Kaitlin, but she's a solid purply pink with traces of white showing through in outside light. In the house she tends more to a very saturated purply pink. Three flowers 5" from a tiny bulb, so another year she may be larger and more impressive.

Does anyone recognize her??

I have some fresh Rainbow/Aphrodite pollen that I will try on her..I'm not having very much luck (again this year) bringing these Maguire's seedpods to fruition. One of my Ada's on the cut stem has bit the dust and my 4 Valerie Maree pods are just getting more lumpy..I've never seen anything quite like it..they are still on turgid pedicels though so there is still hope.....

Here she is being admired by Toby...

{{gwi:431328}}
    {{gwi:431329}}

and outside in the sun...
    {{gwi:431330}}

and with no sun....

{{gwi:431331}}

Maybe in a few days she will get more wavy like Jasmine..thanks for looking,

Donna

Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi,

Just a quick note to tell you I emailed Nellie Maguire and she thinks it's Denise. The third flower has opened and it is 5 3/4" compared to the first two which were 5"..so I expect she will even do better in the future. The color has mellowed into a bright raspberry pink..very pretty...

Josh am waiting for you pictures of Miss B Haven and your Envy please don't forget to post them...;-)

Donna

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

Oh no Donna, guess what :(

I've been incredibly sick, I haven't been able to hold anything down for four days now and I can barely move!!! Sadly I wasn't able to take any pictures of my NOT 'Miss-B-Haven' but I've guessed that it's Maguires 'Apple Blossom' with absolutely HUGE flowers!

My 'Rebel' is blooming now and I will fight to take pictures of it!!! sadly the scape broke off and I have it in rainwater outside in the 50 degree weather! My 'Envy' should bloom soon with a scape being decently tall!

I ALSO have H. aulicum sending up a scape so I'll post a thread with multiple pictures soon or if I can't help it I'll just post them individually when they all bloom! haha

Josh

Original Author
    12 years ago

Josh, Hope you're feeling better very soon!!!