Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

More cybisters on RC site

Royal Colors has posted three more cybisters. Check out their specials to see La Paz, Tango, and Merenque.
K

Comments (8)

• Ray Schuck
    9 years ago

Just what I needed - another order to Royal Colors.
    Maida

• haweha
    9 years ago

This is unfortunate news, since "Tango" and "La Paz" are the same, and IF they are not the same [whether actually, OR for the mere sake-of-argument] the differences are "marginal". The picture of "Tango" is in a dishonest manner color-enhanced. The company is ill-advised with their promotion. The respective agents who are responsible will have their costumers disappointed, iow their action is not in the best interest of their company.

This post was edited by haweha on Tue, Oct 7, 14 at 11:56

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, I ordered one of each (Tango and LaPaz) since my La Paz was virused, so I guess I'll see what happens when they bloom. I know we've had several discussions on the forum because the blooms' variance are so slight. That Tango does look rather dark, but we'll see what it blooms out as. I thought that there is also a difference in the pedicle coloration as well. Hmmm, the mystery continues.
    K

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    9 years ago

Well, I just added one Merengue to my order. Since I have a lovely Tango and have tried numerous times to buy La Paz, (the first time acquiring my Tango),I think I will pass.

From their picture of Merengue it appears that the flowers are held more upright than Sumatra and although similar I think it is pretty and ordered one.

Donnaâºâºâº

• lenanen
    9 years ago

I was under the impression that Tango and La Paz are not the same thanks to the very interesting and enlightening conversation about the differences by Donna and Maria. Did I misunderstand it all after all??
    Merengue! Oh I have coveted Merengue from the start...

This post was edited by lenanen on Tue, Oct 7, 14 at 15:24

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    9 years ago

Hi Leena,

I believe that Tango and La Paz are different varieties although the differences are very subtle but, the fact that I don't have both varieties might prove me wrong. I do believe that Maria has them both so her opinion should carry more weight in this matter. Perhaps much of the controversy is due to the fact that the wrong bulbs get sent out over and over!! I ordered La Paz several years ago and received Tango (I was fine with that) and last year I ordered 2 La Pazs for a friend who received two Limas!! As I already have several Limas and a healthy Tango with an offset I hesitate to try again. Perhaps after someone blooms one of these La Pazs I might later in the season give one a try..
    My Tango has tan pedicels and I have seen pictures of "La Paz" with green pedicels so everyone check your pictures of your pedicels.;-)

I bought and paid for my Merengue this morning, not too much damage this time.

Donnaâºâºâº

This post was edited by dondeldux on Tue, Oct 7, 14 at 13:05

• lenanen
    9 years ago

Thanks Donna! Your Tango looks so impressive I'd love to get one myself... and should I volunteer to test La Paz... :D

• beachplant
    9 years ago

such an evil woman! I tried to ignore the
    Royal Colors e-mail.
    Tally HO!

Sponsored
More Discussions