Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
noni_morrison

Narcissus Bulb Fly

Noni Morrison
13 years ago

OK, so it is NOT on my amaryllis, but on....gasp...my narcissus! What can I use on my generally organic flower bed to rid it of these critters? I know that desparate measures call for chemicals, And I will use them when a whole crop is threatened. I have probably 2 thousand different daffs around here and 500 more to plant so this is no small question! I use these in my flower business for early spring bouquets, along with hyacinths, then tulips, etc. And I definitely do not want them hanging around my greenhouse where the amaryllis are. I suspected about 3 or 4 years ago that I had gotten NBF in an order of lovely pink narcissus that had mostly disappeared by the 2nd spring. THis was just BEFORE I learned about NBF, but the sudden demise of these special bulbs made it an easy guess. TOday we were weeding the bed ready to plant new bulbs when I found some remnants of NBF infested daffs and hyacinths. Dang, dang, dang! IN case it makes a difference on recommendations I also have cutting roses in this bed. HELP!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions