Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Morning Dancer and Demo bulbs are blooming

Posted by kaboehm 8b (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 12, 10 at 20:55

Well, Macguires bulbs have really delivered this year. Last year I got no blooms and this year nearly all are wide awake and blooming (have or will soon) except City of Grafton that is firmly dormant!

Here is Morning Dancer....in the morning sun and then later in the day in the studio! The afternoon light really didn't show her true colors, but I just noticed the white edge on the 3 petals!
MD 10-12-10

MD 10-12-10

MD 10-12-10

And...since I am speaking to 2 garden clubs on Thursday (they say over 50 people!), I figured I'd better have some blooms...and I planted some Bellisimo, Baby Doll, Fanfare, and Alfresco in a huge pot. Some are alreadly open and I hope some others can make it in the next 2 days!! Alfresco is trying, but won't make it to the party...although the buds are huge!!!

B 10-12-10
:-)
Kristi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Morning Dancer and Demo bulbs are blooming

Kristi, Morning Dancer is just beautiful...love the color and the white stripes! It looks like it could be a sibling of City of Grafton and maybe Lavender Blue with that veining. Your community pot looks impressive, should wow the crowd...are you going to give away any extra seedlings as favors of a sort? I wish I'd thought of it a month or so ago and I could have sent you some extra seedling so you could give them away...If you do another talk, let us know and I'm sure several of us have extra seedling to donate to a good cause.....

You're right about the Maguires being raring to go, my teeny tiny Surprise bulb has 2 teeny tiny seedpods x Party Pooper growing full speed ahead, I don't think there can be more than a couple seeds inside, but they are perfectly formed and I just happened to peek at the bottom of the pot the the root were actually growing out of the hole!! Now they're not all doing this well, but most of them are!!I keep pulling on most of them and most all of them have resistance, I can't believe they rooted so quickly...I will say though, that this is actually the first time I have used rooting hormone and it appears to work...guess I'll use it from now on!

Love Morning Dancer's wide open face......

Donna

o

Kristi, Morning Dancer looks like a painting. Amazing coloring. I'm happy to donate seedlings in the future too.

Donna, interesting observation about the rooting hormone. I've got to try that. I honestly hadn't thought of putting it on bulbs. Thanks for the tip.

Alana

o

I am taking some bulbs to give away...may have lots left (they had encouraged me to bring some to sell, so I ordered 100! and then...they made selling very complicated). Guess I know what everyone is getting for early Christmas gifts!
:-)K

PS...she is very "open" Donna!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here