Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mariava7

florida_girlnflorida steals my papilio picture

mariava7
10 years ago

Selling bulbs on ebay since 2008 and decides to just use my papilio picture without my permission. And this picture is of my John Scheeper's "Papilio Improved" (NOT a Papilio "Butterfly") which I posted here the forum in July 19, 2007. You would think that after all those years of selling Hippeastrum bulbs, she would have grown and bloomed a papilio and took a picture of it's flowers...her own pic to use to sell her bulbs. But no..this was her response to me when I told her that the papilio picture she was using was mine.

"excuse me...then copyright it like you do all of your other pictures... My photos get lifted all the time but I don't make a big deal about it... "

I answered her back and said..."I just told you that this is my picture. Thanks for the apology."

And this is her reply..." It is on google images WITHOUT a watermark or a copyright.. Why do I owe you an apology? I don't even know if it is indeed your property.. What is your point? Do you want remuneration or something for it?"

Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: STOLEN PAPILIO IMPROVED PICTURE

This post was edited by mariava7 on Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 22:59

Comments (7)

• dragonstone
    10 years ago

She apparently thinks Google Images is a free-for-all site when she could get into serious trouble. If you click on an image in Google Images, Google warns you with: "Images may be subject to copyright". So you should be able to get her in trouble with eBay for stealing your image.

It even says on the eBay policy page that eBay members are not allowed to use images or texts that they did not create unless they have permission by the original owner.

You probably already clicked the "Report item" link on her auction, but if you didn't, you should report it. Maybe it'll make her think twice before being so aloof by taking another image again.

• Tigrica
    10 years ago

Looks like her other pictures are not hers also. Will it be of any help if I click to report the item?
    I understand your frustration and want to help you.

• mariava7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks girlfriends!

I was actually thinking of purchasing some bulbs from her as my mother who is here with me right now and I'm taking care of likes doubles. I thought the cheap SA doubles would be a better choice as they are now available, bloom faster and make my mom happy sooner. I guess I should avoid this seller then. I don't need "negativity" in my life or home right now.

This post was edited by mariava7 on Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 10:26

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    10 years ago

Maria,
    Hope you alerted eBay. No excuse for that sort of theft.
    Thinking of you and your mom. You're a good daughter....keep smiling!
    :-)
    Kristi

• mariava7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Kristi! I have moved on and bought doubles from my long time trusted bulb company John Scheepers. I might oreder some newer varieties of doubles from Royal Colors but just can't get over with their shipping cost charges now.

• macroclemys
    10 years ago

Maria,
    You should charge her royalties in the form of a bulb or two! My understanding is that photos on the web have an implicit copyright unless they are provided for free use. While some uses of copyrighted material is legal, commercial use is not.

Bill

• mariava7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for your support. She got to sell all of the bulbs in this batch and relisted more of them but this time using another picture already.
    Love you guys!

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions