Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

Is it or isn't it?

This is being offered on Ebay as h. morelianum but it just looks like a picture of Ruby Star to me. Is someone in for an expensive unpleasant surprise?? (Not that there's anything wrong with Ruby Star but...!!)

Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: Ruby Star or morelianum

Comments (11)

• blancawing
    11 years ago

Hi Donna,

This is a double whammy. Not only is this not H. morelianum; it is also a photo of Ruby Star that was used without authorization. I recognized the photograph and informed the owner on 10/12/12.

Best to you and yours,

Blanca

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Blanca,

I feel very sorry for the person who placed that expensive bid. Hopefully they belong to this forum and will see this thread in time to retract their bid..

My best to you,

Donna

• blancawing
    11 years ago

Dear Donna,

As the photograph didn't belong to me, there was nothing I could do through eBay other than to inform the person who took the Ruby Star photo about the misleading listing. I was thanked and told that the photograph was used without permission. The following day, I sent a "you're welcome note" along with a link to eBay's program for getting listings that infringe on intellectual property rights taken down. I truly thought that the listing would be taken down.

Seeing your post was the first I knew about a bid having been placed. I also feel badly for the buyer. I started writing to the seller tonight, but I gave up not having the strength or desire to fight this battle. Hopefully, the buyer will discover the truth. I think that eBay's Buyer Protection Program will reimburse him or her for the misrepresented item if a complaint is filed. It doesn't seem at all likely that this listing could be the result of an innocent error.

-Blanca

Original Author
    11 years ago

Unfortunately though, it may be a year or more before the bulb blooms and the buyer realizes they have been duped. I think it's strange though with so many other pictures of Ruby Star bulbs for sale on EBay that this buyer didn't recognize the photo...18 hours and counting...

Take care....

Original Author
    11 years ago

...I just got nosey and checked her feedback and she usually just deals in sweaters but... she just recently sold another bulb..hmmmm I wonder what it was...

;-)

• blancawing
    11 years ago

I feel so badly that I am on the phone with eBay right now.

-B

• blancawing
    11 years ago

Dear Donna,

The listing should be taken down later today. If the process takes longer, the buyer will be notified that the item was misrepresented. He or she will have the benefit of eBay's Buyer Protection Program.

Now, I feel better.

Thank you very much for alerting me to the fact that a bid had been placed.

Hugs,

Blanca

• blancawing
    11 years ago

Hi Donna,

...about the other bulb sold by this seller. The link below may be of interest. Sadly, it appears that classicardigans of Rome, Georgia has already sold four of the misrepresented bulbs at $43.99 each for a total of $175.96.

-B

Here is a link that might be useful: Four Previous Sales

• blancawing
    11 years ago

Hi Donna,

Any buyers who purchased misrepresented bulbs from classicardigans within the past 30 days will be contacted by eBay and will receive a refund. Unfortunately, if there were sales more than 30 days ago, the buyers will need to contact eBay themselves.

Everyone Please Note:

I advised the eBay representatives with whom I spoke that I would be posting contact information here. If you notice any misrepresented bulbs and/or the unauthorized use of photographs on eBay, please call and make a report.

The telephone number is (866) 540-3229

Best to all,

Blanca

Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow! She has quite a scam going doesn't she! I don't recall seeing the other listings though and that's a pretty expensive Temptation too! I wish she'd put some pants on her manikins...;-) You did a great job Blanca!!

• chickens_on_mars
    11 years ago

Yes, thanks for helping the hobby in this way.
    Protect each other when we can.
    Well done.
    Brian

Sponsored
More Discussions