Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Slightly off topic - Pineapple Sage and hummingbird

Posted by e36yellowm3 7 Raleigh, NC (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 6, 10 at 21:55

Hi all, I know this doesn't quite belong in the hippi forum, but this Pineapple Sage that's blooming now is growing *next to* my hippi planters so it kinda counts. Anyway I just had to share these pics I took today... Alana

From Fall 2010

From Fall 2010

From Fall 2010

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Slightly off topic - Pineapple Sage and hummingbird

• Posted by izhar Karachi, Pakistan/ 1 (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 7, 10 at 0:21

These are so cute Alana... loved them... thanks for sharing...

o

As many times as I've tried to capture a hummingbird in a photo, I failed....You did it beautifully...Congratulations, just stunning!!

Donna

o

WOW...great job Alana!!
Kristi

o

Thanks for the compliments! (You can see the hippi leaves in the last one.) I took the pics through the window while on a conference call working from home - lol. I originally thought the plant looked a little boring all summer just being green, but the late summer blooms on it might make me rethink my view.

Alana

o

Well, your windows are a heck of a lot cleaner than mine...........when I take a picture through a window, you know it!!

o

Donna, that's just an accident. We had this neighborhood kid power wash the sidewalk and driveway, and I had to wash all the windows in the front because of the splatter mess he made. I just got lucky with the timing I guess. And with the shot. Alana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here