Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have H Papillio and some hybrids

Posted by crazyorchids NSW Aust (thecrames1@optusnet.com.au) on
Wed, Nov 7, 12 at 3:20

Those who previously requested seed of Hippeastrum Pappilio.
Send me your details and any country restrictions.
Email me directly please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have H Papillio and some hybrids

What other seeds to do you have availaible?
Kristi

o

We have a large number of hybrid hippis scattered in the garden. I do not keep tabs of the names of these but the majority came from Maguires. The hybrids are nice but I want to concentrate on species. See attached a couple still blooming

o

Looks like you have Picotee-type, which are pretty standard. I don't know what Macguires calls them. Good for a newbie...

Thanks,
Kristi

o

You know, I would love some seeds but I've never received any from another country. I tried hitting Google but I found nothing except results about how to send seeds out of the US to other countries even though I forced the search term to say into the US. Does anyone know if these seeds are allowed to come into the states and what must be done? I wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble.

o

I have a couple of others growers from US who have requested seed. The seed are clean with no contamination. If you were bringing in a plant or bulb I would be worried but why is seed a problem. Here in Australia, the seed must be declared and it is generally inspected and if clean there never is a problem. Provided the seed is not on the CITES list of protected species.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here