Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT Snow

Posted by ninecrow Midlands, England (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 3, 09 at 3:26

Anybody have any Yet? If You do Please post Photos... I'm Looking for a Photo of a Flowering Amaryllis against a Snowy Background for My Granny who is in Hospital.
Thanks For any help you can give
NC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT Snow

• Posted by ryan820 z5b Denver, Colorado (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 3, 09 at 9:24

NC we just had a major storm last week but sadly, I didn't get any photos of it. And none with amaryllis blooms in the foreground. And in Colorado, even 21 inches doesn't last long on the ground with our strong sun.

Ryan

o

I don't go outside if it snows. Luckily it's only snowed here 3 times in 40 years.
Tally HO!
Good luck, maybe you can photoshop one.

o

Thanks for the Replies Guys....

Was thinking that IF You do get the Chance, Please...
Thinking Amaryllis in a Window with a Snowy Tree behind... Dunno Really...

Granny will have to go into a Nursing Home Now... ***Cry***

o

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 3, 09 at 10:40

No snow here yet... and I hope it holds off for quite a while! I'm still trying to get all my tulips and daffodils planted!

I am sorry to hear that your Grandmother isn't doing well... on the good side, you've had a lot of years to enjoy her company and love... both of my Grandmothers passed away before I was old enough to remember them well. I will remember Granny in my prayers...

o

Hi Ninecrow. There is an album that I posted about 10 or so days ago that has a picture of Aphrodite will a little snow showing through the window on the deck and a little on the trees. It may not be enough snow showing but you can take a look at it. It's on the second page of threads and it just says "album" When you click on "Flowers" it says that the pictures aren't there, but if you click on the generic picture of John's photos it should show up. I just tried it and it works. I'm not very good at posting photos so I posted the whole album! Hope you find what you need and that your "Granny" is doing better! Donna

o

This was from a couple years ago - a bit of snow showing in the back:
From album-10001

o

Ninecrow,

So sorry to hear about your granny. I second Jodi. Go visit her when possible and keep on showing her love.

Anna,

Aphrodite is really looking gorgeous in the soft light, with the snowy background. I loooove aphrodite..... Have just planted a new bulb since my older one dyed by NFB *sigh*
Thanks for posting this wonderful picture, Aphrodite's exuberant beauty looks marvelous "in the snow".

o

Thanks Holantina - but it was sold as Double Record - I had 3 of them, and they all looked the same. Sadly 2 of them are now gone - to what must have been NBF, but I did not know about it back then when i was just starting out with this obsession. I thought I had overwatered and it rotted. Now I know it did not.

Ninecrow - it may snow up here soon (ack!), and if I have blooms at the time, I'll produce a special "photo shoot" for you, ok?

o

THANK YOU AlL!!!!
Was thinking having a few photos and do something that she can have in the Home, Maybe on the wall or in a book.... I have NO Idea though....
NC

o

Pink Star on Snow
Here is Pink Star out for a photo shoot in the snow last year. I would be delighted to share the photo with your Granny...in memory for all the time my mom shared her flowers with those who she loved.

o

Don't think anyone will top that one Lizalily! Beautiful shot....gorgeous flowers!!!! Donna

o

I just registered on these forums, but I checked them from time to time before.
I was moved by your request and even though I have to agree Donna I wanted to add two pictures of my own from last year. They're not the best (I just had the camera new) and quite big, but here you go:

Closeup of my Orange Sovereign
Whole Plant in a way too small container

o
this was sold as LIlac Wonder

Photobucket

It is sitting in a mossy old rocker I Kkeep on my porch just because the moss on it amuses me.

If you get enough photos you could make Granny a calender with them ,using nice large print. MY mother in law loves it when I do that for her with my flower photos

o

Artcow has a calendar, you send the pics, for I think it's $8.99 right now. No, $4.99 with code 2010CAL12M.
That's until the 15th of this month. Free shipping right now. I just ordered some pics on canvas from them, they have great sales!, and they are wonderful. I bought them for Christmas gifts.
You can put your smiling face and all the beautiful amaryllis with snow. I'm really impressed ya'll, those photos are beautiful. (Especially since I don't have to actually SEE the snow LOL :)
Tally HO!

Here is a link that might be useful: Artscow

o

Wed, Nov 4, 09 at 8:31

Simply gorgeous, Lizalily! And I love that chair with the moss! It's so shabby garden chic!

And I love that Double Record...

Lovely photos, ladies!

o

Brilliant Photos....
THANK yOU All!!!

On a side Note I have NO Compter at at Home at the Moment... I'll get on line when I can so if You Don't Hear from me for a while you all know why
NC

o
RE: OT Snow ***Update***

Think I'm Sorted Computer Wise Now....

o

Tue, Nov 10, 09 at 18:34

Does this mean you'll be with us through the Hippi Season? I certainly hope so!

I've come to depend on my computer for so many things, and information... and for staying in touch... I'm lost without it!

o

I've saved the Photos on my Memory Stick THANK YOU All!
If there any more Photos Please Post them... Granny is now in the Home.... ***Sigh***
NC

o

Here's one I came across while looking through some pictures from earlier this year (last season). It's not as nice as that wonderful picture lizalily posted, but you're welcome to it - it's Lady Jane inside and snow on the trees... Alana

From garden web 2

o

Cheers m'dear Ninecrow!! Just had to say HI. Alas, I have no snow to share.....perhaps Gran would love to see banana trees???
Hope you are well my friend!

Alana, I just potted up the MJs from you and Jodi...I cannot wait for them to be blooming like that beautiful one!

o

Hippeastrum Chico and a variegated pineapple! (From 2002)
This plant is now in the care of my Brother in Tennessee. Hmm I think I need it back now. he he
Hopefully your Gran likes the exotics too ;0)
Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Flower Farm and Gardens Blog

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here