Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hippeastrum Voodoo ?

Posted by agapanthe64 8 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 15, 12 at 4:50

Hi all ,
I live in South West of France , and this Hippeastrum grows in many old granny's gardens , it is very hardy and can support - 15 degrees C during winter, I try to find it's name since many years but I am not sure. Could you hep me ? Could it be Hippeastrum Voodoo ?
Thanks a lot

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hippeastrum Voodoo ?

• Posted by haweha 7/Germany/W (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 15, 12 at 7:26

This is presumably, a "Heirloom Hybrid" certainly not "Voodoo". However, I would favorize your Hippeastrum!

o

Thank you for your help .

o

And what about 'Baby Star' ?
it is very hardy...

o

• Posted by haweha 7/Germany/W (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 2, 13 at 13:45

The bloom of "Baby Star" is not as Funnel-shaped.
Photobucket

BTW, "Baby Star" was from Stapoflor, The Netherlands, Plant Breeders' Rights - only in 1991

o

Baby Star was registered in 1999, so it is relatively "new"....versus those that were created 40+ years ago. Perhaps this one has the same parentage. I wouldn't call it Baby Star without knowing for sure, but you can call it whatever you like. If you are serious about breeding it....I don't know what your intentions are...maybe you are just curious and looking for a name.

Call it Maybe-Baby Star!!
;-)
K

o

So it can't be Baby Star .. Thank you again for your help.
Effectively , I have a small nursery and I sometimes sell this variety as it can grow in the garden , I sell it with the name 'Hippeastrum from N�nette' the old woman that gave it to me ...that's not a problem for custumers but for me it is ,I'd like to find it's name . I grow other hippeastrums for my own pleasure , and this is the only one without identification.

o

Hans-Werner,
Our messages crossed!! I went to KAVB to find their registration date. Didn't know where to look for plant breeder's rights! Thanks for your resourcefulness!
K

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here