Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The smell of paper whites in bloom...

Posted by kaboehm 8b (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 30, 11 at 7:09

...Haven't we discussed this? This comic strip made me laugh out loud, as I know that we have discussed this very topic over the years!
:-)
K PS...you have to make sure and look at today's comic (Nov 30, 2011)!

Here is a link that might be useful: Rhymes with Orange - comic from Nov 30, 2011

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The smell of paper whites in bloom...

That is too funny! One year DH forced me to move my lovely Paperwhites into a remote area of the house (booo!), as he really felt nauseous from the smell. I love the smell! Anyway, not wishing to give up my festive season must-have, I have since discovered the "Inbal" variety of Paperwhites, which are much less odoriferous than the usual one that is sold commercially, called "Ziva". Most boxed kits are Ziva. Thanks for sharing that Kristi!!

o

Thanks for sharing the comment, quite funny! I have to say personally I find their smell a bit unpleasant, but to each their own right? ;)

o

You have to go back to the cartoon from November 30th to view the appropriate one, but it's very funny! And so true! LOL!

I've often thought that certain Narcissus smell kind of... "odd"... or maybe a better word is "off".

o

I love the smell of Narcissus Paperwhite.
They do however have new cultivars with a lighter scent than 'ziva'
Some include: 'Ariel', 'Inball' and 'Nir'.

o

I don't normally go for the Paper Whites... I sometimes will force a couple of Hyacinth bulbs, though. Now, those smell nice! :-)

o

I actually love the smell of Paper whites, everyone thinks I'm crazy....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here