Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HD video OR why I need this forum

Posted by coffeemom Broward z10 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 18, 10 at 7:35

CRINGE ALERT
a bulb will be murdered

Thankfully I came to this forum and learned the REAL way to nurture these beauties.

Here is a link that might be useful: HD Growing Amaryllis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HD video OR why I need this forum

Everyone, MEET KRISTI(coffeemom) She's a fabulous Master Gardener on the east coast of Florida and a good friend mine and Jan's. She's a fellow "GardenHoe" member also! (very exclusive group-haha) FINALLY, she is getting into Amaryllis...you grow girl. There are some very knowledgeable amaryllis officionados here ready to help, inspire, tempt, and turn you into an amaryllis addict! Welcome girlfriend!!
From 2009-10 Amaryllis

o

Welcome Kristi (coffeemon)! I hope you've had the time to go back and read many of the older posts, that's what I did before I joined about 1 yr ago. There is just so much valuable information and so many wonderful picture for you to enjoy!! It's always nice to meet another potential hippie addict!!

Donna

o

Hi Kristi, welcome! glad to see you here. Lots & lost of great people & information at amaryllis forum.

Jan

o

• Posted by ryan820 z5b Denver, Colorado (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 18, 10 at 9:49

Hi Kristi and welcome to the board!!!!!

Denver Ryan

o

And cringe I did! What an idiot! Was that really necessary to cut the bulb in half - stupid, stupid!

Welcome Kristi!

o

Thank-you all. I've been lurking since last years "torture a plant in a glass hurricane vase with rocks on the bottom from HD" posts. HD has what looks like Lady Jane in said vases this year....not that it means that's what you will get.

I've been gravitating towards potted plants in my old age. I'm too pooped to be digging holes!

o

PHEW!!! I had to read that three times, Kristi...I thought you said "I've been gravitating towards POT PLANTS in my old age" and then I realized...you probably use for medicinal purposes!

Do you still have that big Amaryllis in a pot at your front door? What was that beauty? I am just so glad to see you here...Pot or Not..peace sister

o

A Coffeemom is my kinda mom! Glad to meet you Kristi. I envy all of you in Fla that can leave their bulbs out year round. I need to move.

Jan, what a great picture you posted! I had to really look to figure out if it wasn't a watercolor.

Alana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here