Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

Surprise find in the garage refrigerator

Back in early 2011 I ordered several bulbs from WFF. Apparently I put a few of them along, with other bulbs I had ordered, in the refrigerator out in the garage, for planting later. Well, over time stuff piled up in front of the refrigerator. I don't use the lower portion anyway, but rather used the upper freezer for food storage. Anyway, a couple weeks ago I needed to clean out in front of the refrigerator as I need to use the fridge for two large boxes of bulbs that I needed to cool. These are for Christmas gifts etc. Imagine my surprise when I opened the door and found many brown bags that had previously contained bulbs. Most were very desiccated and were readily discarded; however, one bag felt particularly heavy. When I opened it I found a large H.Sumatra bulb that was in fairly good shape, and it had numerous healthy offsets. That bulb had been in the refrigerator for over 2 1/2 years!

I took this photo this morning. I cut down the neck as it looked a bit "iffy", but you can see it's nice a green inside. Outside layers look like a cybister that has gotten cold.
K

This post was edited by kaboehm on Tue, Nov 19, 13 at 16:34

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County
More Discussions