Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New shoots in S of France

Posted by jacqui.kam (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 18, 10 at 9:19

Dear Kristi and others,
I have just got a new shoot for the second year running on my bulb. It is now indoors and the shoot is about 1 inch high with another coming alongside. It may be flowering for Christmas. Best wishes, Jacqui

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New shoots in S of France

• Posted by ryan820 z5b Denver, Colorado (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 18, 10 at 9:52

Sweet! Good for you!!! Post pics if you can!

Denver Ryan

o

Great!! Christmas blooms are the best!!

Donna

o

Hi jacqui, great to hear you are expecting some blooms. Do you know what it is?

o

Thanks for all your messages. Ryan, can you tell me how to put a photo on from my computer? I don't know what sort it is, probably common, a sort of reddish orange from my memory. It has grown an inch since yesterday! Will keep you posted and try to put pics on. Jacqui

o

Hi Jacqui,

you could upload your pictures via photobucket.com
Most of it is self-explanatory, you create an account, upload your pictures and insert the html-code for each pic into the text field, just where you want the picture to appear in your post.

If you need further help, check out this thread:

Here is a link that might be useful: Getting Images to Show Up

o

Hi Jacqui,

Nothing against Photoubucket, which seems to be what most people use, but you could also look into Picasa, some of us here use Picasa also, it's free and easy to post pictures from...just a thought...

Donna

o

Hi everyone. It has grown another inch! Donna, I have Picasa but how and where do I put the pics on the Forum? There is no-where on Post a Follow Up to put a pic. Do I put it on My Page? Sorry to be so useless. Jacqui

o

Hi Jacqui,

I'll do my best to explain this to you...

First, your pictures have to be in an album...click on the picture from the album that you wish to post and on the side you will see the words "Linc to this photo"...click on that...some new options should appear... click on "size" and I always choose the largest size, click your size...then click on "hide album link"..(this allows only the picture and not the entire album to be viewed but if you click he other choice then your whole album will be viewable, your choice, and not important, but I'd choose the hide album link...)now highlight "embedded image" and right click and copy...

Now assuming you already have written your message in your message box... and you have your Picasa Web Album in your tool tray (or what ever you call the top of the screen) for me they are both on the top of my Garden Web page)...In your message go down a couple of lines and click copy...this should put the gobbledigook URL in your message box Make sure you click copy in the message box and Not in the Optional Link URL...next, you "preview your message" and your picture should appear..give this a try and if you have problems, ask again and I will do my best to clarify things.

I must point out that I have not been computer literate for all that long, so my instructions may be a bit "loose"

It took me for ever and ever to learn this and all that I was doing wrong was I wasn't previewing my message and all I saw was the URL and I keep doing it over and over until I finally saw the "preview message" and voila...there was my picture... how dumb is that...

This is just Siren, that I was doing as I talked you through this process...

Good Luck and we await your pictures....

Donna

o

Hi Donna, maybe I have managed to enclose a pic. Let me know. Jacqui

Here is a link that might be useful: amaryllis

o

• Posted by ryan820 z5b Denver, Colorado (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 23, 10 at 10:12

There is definitely a photo there-- just not on this forum. I love the look of a big healthy bulb in a terra pot like that.

Be careful though-- once she's done flowering, she'll appreciate a much bigger room in which to spread her roots.

DR

o

Hi Jackie, the photo came through, though not in your message, try again putting the link in the message box not in either of the horizontal boxes under the message box. If you can't do it then what you have mastered is good enough for one picture at a time.

Ryan is right, I think that big bulb would appreciate a much larger terra cotta pot, where will the poor roots grow....;-)

Donna

o

Hhttp://picasaweb.google.com/kamerlling/Nikon?authkey=Gv1sRgCL3CidCRkOXSwAE#5542759480598737778i Donna, I hope it is here now. Jacqui.

o

Jacqui, I'm seeing nothing...try again and if there is something about my instructions that wasn't clear, ask again...

Donna

o

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/YnMcj7EkH4jz

o

Another try. The problem seemed to be my Picasa was in French. So hopefully, Voila! Jacqui.
De Nikon

o

There you go Jacqui, (!) now all you have to do is choose the largest size picture and you're there..! Now you can share all your pictures with us..!

Donna

o
RE: New shoots in S of France 2

o
RE: New shoots in S of France3

Try this for size. Jacqui.

o

THere you go...and who says size doesn't matter.....!

o

Hi Donna and everyone, Many thanks for all your help. Let's hope I can remember it all in order to do it again as the bulb progresses. Jacqui

o

Hi folks, See how much I have grown in 10 days since I first posted. Jacqui
De Recently Updated

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here