Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hippeastrum 'Santana'

Posted by amaryllisfred 6b Cambridge MA (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 2, 13 at 9:38

Hello Folks,

Haven't posted in a while (been a bit busy) but I was wondering if anyone can help me in locating Santana. I have been looking for a while but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Warm Regards and Thanks,
Fred

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hippeastrum 'Santana'

Somebody in New York used to still have this...can't remember her name.
Try Emaryllis???

o

Hi Maria,

Emaryllis is where I found it but would they know who still sells it?

Warm Regards,
Fred

o

Hey Fred!

I just bought something from Arghya Gardens and was perusing through their amaryllis gallery and there is a to- die-for picture of your Santana. Maybe you could email them and see how old you'll be when they have one available;-)

Donna

o

I bought a papilio from their Doran collection and it came very healthy with leaves and good roots. So if my one purchase is any any indication of the quality of the plants they send, I would recommend them.
-J

o

That's what I just bought too!!! They only had 3....

Not sure if it will be noticibly different than my other papilios but I saw it in a weak moment and well..you know the rest!

o

Hi Donna,

If I do that I'll have even less hair and a few less teeth as well..lol

Fred

o

Fred, I hope you find your Santana. Although it's always nice to have a holy grail to keep looking for - keeps life interesting :)

Donna, I found that this papilio grows better for me in sphagnum moss in a net pot than in my usual potting mix. Hopefully it will be fine in your mix, but in case you have the same experience....
-J

o

Hi J,

Thanks for the encouragement and I will definitely keep looking. Not only am I Italian but I'm a stubborn Taurus as well...lol

Warm Regards,
Fred

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here