Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

Did anyone else buy Peach Blossom from BB?

Mine is blooming...it's the palest, droopiest, most sorry looking thing. I am really disappointed. Pale pink at best and really underperforming. Of course, as we said last year with Sweet Nymph, maybe with some TLC it will do better next year.

Anyone else having the same sad experience??

Kristi

Comments (4)

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

My 'Peach Blossom' is a horrible grower, it went dormant several times this past summer and couldn't seem to hold more than two leaves at a time.

I doubt it will come back, I've never had any problems with the Hadeco bulbs before. I've inspected the bulb for rot, NBF, insects and there is no evidence of anything.

Besides that, 'PB' seemed like a knock of of the lovely 'Trentino'.

{{gwi:433659}}

• SummerPerson
    12 years ago

I recognized the name Trentino and I know it is a mini amaryllis. Do the mini amaryllis bloom as easily as the regular sized amaryllis the second time? By the second time, I mean the amaryllis blooms when you purchase it, then hopefully it will bloom again its next blooming cycle.(Not sure easily is the correct word to use in the second sentence above.)

It wasn't on this forum, but I know I read somewhere on the Internet that it is more difficult compared to the regular size amaryllis to get the mini amaryllis to bloom again. (So I haven't purchased any mini amaryllis bulbs yet.)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    12 years ago

Well, Now that you ask that question and I think about it, I haven't had much success getting several of the smaller flowers to grow many healthy green leaves let along bloom again! Now, don't go by me since I don't have all that many smaller flowered bulbs, just Emerald, Graffiti, Joker, Lemon Sorbet, Trentino, (which never bloomed) and Green Dragon to name a few off the top of my head. But, on the other hand, I have two Mistys that plumped up considerably this summer,as well as Lilystar, Amoretta and Neon Rose and the few cybisters that I had, (I bought a few more this season) other than Emerald, also plumped up considerably..so I guess it's too early to predict doom and gloom for these small flowered bulbs. It will be interesting to hear what others have to say on this matter..You may come away from this discussion with several smaller flowered bulbs that are good doers for most of us. I don't know whether Jewel is considered a small flowered varieties, but my bulb just about doubled in size.

Donna

• berkeleysgr8
    12 years ago

I bought a Peach Blossom this year from a different seller. Compared to the other minis I'm growing, the Peach Blossom does seem a bit weak. I thought maybe I had bulb rot or something going on... but maybe it's just the cultivar. I thought the flower color and shape were pleasant enough, but the poor little thing had very droopy downward gazing flowers!