Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my first blooms of the season

Posted by edubose98 8 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 10, 12 at 10:34

Could have mislabels? The tall one is Minerva and the short one red lion but the buds look the same to me. They came from wal-mart so I am expecting mislabels.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my first blooms of the season

You're right..they look the same to me too! Anyway they look healthy so that's half the battle..keep us posted when they open..looks like it's gonna be twins!!

Donna

o

I'd say twin cubs!
K

o

Here is a pic of the bloom opening up this morning. It is definitely a mislabel from wal-mart. Its not a red lion nor Minerva. What is it? This is without a flash.

o

With flash

o

With flash

o

Top of bloom without flash

o

Gee you lucked out! It's very pretty! I've got a no-id pink that I bought years ago and it looks very similar to yours..so is this the one you've got two of?

o

Well the other bud on the other plant hasn't opened up yet but I think it is the same. What do u think it is?

o

Those white tips on each petal should offer some hint!!
Hmmm....Emaryllis.com has an extensive photo library that's good for searching for unknowns....

I like pink!!
;-)
K

o

Thanks...I am gonna go check it out

o

It looks like to me Cantate "03". Can anyone confirm this for me?

o

Well I forced it to open up a bit...tore one of the petals trying to do it so don't think I will be doing that again. Wanted to take a better pic to post. It looks more red in this pic than the other ones....do they change colors some what as they open up?

o

I have several that have that lighter stripe in the middle of each petal. There's a post going on right now about H. Desire....could this be that same bloom??
K

o

I don't think its ...mine is a pink/red color as of right now with a small white star in its throat.

o

Depending on the true color it could be several varieties.. when you post a picture with the truest color let us know which one it is..the first one was pink much different than the last... I'm liking the first color best so far...

o

I will try to take a picture of it outside but it is raining right now here in south alabama

o

check out Amigo....very common box-kit bulb!
K

o

• Posted by haweha 7/Germany/W (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 12, 12 at 18:58

I purchased this under the name "Cantate" - this is a very robust Hybrid. "Once you got it you will have it forever"

"Cantate" Together with "UnderTheLadder" (Right Side)

Photobucket

o

Cantate look like a match!!
K

o

I see what you mean by once you have it you'll have it forever..just look at all those bulbs in that pot!!

o

To my untrained eye both Amigo and Cantate-03 could be possible candidates.
Very nice flower and of great color, congrats!

o

Thanks! Now if I can just figure out which one...but I do have an Amigo that I bought in a box kit and it is about to bloom so maybe I can go by that unless it is a mislabel. I had what was suppose to be red lion bloom today and it is also a mislabel and it is exactly the same bloom as the other one. Geez!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here