Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lenanen

'White Garden' from Eurobulb (Verberghe)

lenanen
11 years ago

'White Garden'

{{gwi:433834}}

This is a truly beautiful creation, very admirable, I love it!! It is very festive and elegant and yet strong.

To my understanding this is the newest member of the Garden-series by Cathy Osselton. The other two on the market are Lovely Garden and Supreme Garden.

Comments (16)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    11 years ago

It IS lovely..is it a smaller flower with a shorter stem and does it form a cluster as do the other two you mentioned?

Donna

11 years ago

I believe that WalMart is selling Eurobulbs for Breast Cancer Research but I've been through all their bulbs twice and didn't see your lovely White Garden..sure wish I had..and, you do take such lovely pictures!!

We have 3 WalMarts within striking distance from us and only 1 had these Eurobulbs...I think it may be classified as a WalMart Supper Store...

Donna

• lenanen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Donna,

yes this is a smaller flowered variety, but the flower isn't that small, for example both of my Sonatinis Helios and Balentino are smaller. And a cluster it is, I counted there are altogether 12 bulbs in mine! But note, not all of them are mature and actually only two are of blooming size.

I wish I could help you - and all who are interested - to get a hold of this variety, but with all the regulations it's not possible, I think. Seeds? But who'd want to wait for years when these multiply like crazy from bulblets... I can try to self it though...

Eurobulb is marketing WG as their exclusive, but so did they do with 'Flamingo Star' last year and it had been for sale in the States so it doesn't mean a thing.

Thanks Donna for your kind words...
    here is WG this morning -
    {{gwi:433835}}

{{gwi:433836}}

• edubose98
    11 years ago

Beautiful!

11 years ago

Lena,

I'll most definitly keep my eyes open, you never know where one might pop up! Lovely flowers with great looking leaves and of course your black background makes them jump right off the screen!!

Donna

• edubose98
    11 years ago

What are using as your black background lenanen?

• lenanen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Edubose and Donna, thank you both!

Edubose, WG "posed" for me this morning in our living room. I placed it on a small, movable table in one of the corners so that the light reached the plant but left the background dark. I also underexposed it a bit.

• edubose98
    11 years ago

Thanks!

11 years ago

Lena,

Whatever your technique is it works great! Those leaves look like they're growing right out of the computer screen! Do you have a fancy camera?

Donna

• lenanen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Donna, thanks! I do have a digital SLR. And a good lens.
    But it doesn't always work out for me, getting a good or even a decent photo doesn't happen just like that, but when it does it sure feels great.

Donna you take fabulous pictures, you really know how to bring out our beloved hippies to the fullest! I really enjoy looking at your photos, we all do, so keep them coming...
    This goes to all of you, keep your photos coming, love them!!

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    11 years ago

no one asked me....but I use a large piece of black fleece fabric.
    K

11 years ago

Inspired by Lena...I just played with some border effects in Photobucket. Lena, what program do you use?
    Kristi
    {{gwi:407720}}

• edubose98
    11 years ago

Looks good kristi!

11 years ago

So....Eric, every now and then Minerva comes up in discussion. It's a old hybrid. It's a "box" bulb...but there is nothing prettier that a healthy Minerva bloom. OK...maybe there is, but it fits in the class of "classic" just like our discussion of Apple Blossom a few weeks back.
    K {{gwi:374798}}

• edubose98
    11 years ago

I am thinking the box amaryllis I bought from wall mart isn't a Minerva cause as of tonight the bud that should be open in a day or two looks more of a pinkish red color...but it could change I suppose cause it looks different to me than it did this morning lol. I went back to wal-mart today and bought 4 more Minerva boxes...surely I should least get one that is Minerva lol. Btw the pic u posted kristi is gorgeous!

• lenanen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kristi those are really nice, thanks! :D I use Photobucket too and the new effects are fun!
    I also have a Photoshop CS3, it's an older program but a very good one; with it I resize the photos and give them an extra boost if and when necessary.

A black cloth would help alot. Fleece is a good choice, it doesn't reflect in any way.

Minerva sure is a classic... Yours looks outstanding. I don't have one, yet.
    I ordered a Baby Star this fall to get a tiny bit of red and white...

Sponsored
More Discussions