Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rebecca1947

Getting Images to Show Up

rebecca47
14 years ago

OK, so how do I do this? I have tried both the "Direct Link"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/Hemmaholic/Hippeastrums/Hippie-LStr-2.jpg

And the "Img Code" from my Photobucket album and this is what I get.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/Hemmaholic/Hippeastrums/lemon-sorbet-2.jpg[/IMG]

HELP!

Rebecca

Comments (28)

• threas
    14 years ago

Hi Rebecca! This is what I do. PHOTOBUCKET- Hover your mouse over the picture and check the box for each pic you want to post. Now go down to the bottom of the page and click on the box that says"Generate HTML Code", Use the first box for clickable thumbnails or the third code for bigger pix. You'll have to copy and paste in the message box. Hope this helps.

Theresa

• Carl
    14 years ago

Gardenweb uses Html-codes so the IMG-tag doesn't work. I do it like this:

Just ged rid of the *, then it'll work. I don't like to use the photobucket code because your posted pictures are also made to links to the photobucket-site. Also it's so long, I do get lost in the small input box here. ;)

• wesley_butterflies
    14 years ago

betonklotz :: you can lock the folders at photobucket and keep them as private. This will keep the right mouse clickers away from your photobucket folders and pics
    Re: change your viewing settings to private to lock

Test pic for you
    {{gwi:336681}}

Counting this as one How many total butterfly pics do I have? I know you would have no idea as my folder for them is set to private I am doing this as a test so you can feel commfie posting pics

• Carl
    14 years ago

You're right but what I wanted to say was, that since you won't find anything interesting linked to in your example, the link is unnecessary. My photobucket albums are open, and still you can find them when clearing the file name from the link.
    I do think it's more elegant this way, but that's just my opinion!

{{gwi:336681}}

• elizabeth_jb
    14 years ago

Rebecca!

For YOU!

{{gwi:433861}}

• mariava7
    14 years ago

Rebecca..You almost got it. Instead of copying and pasting the "IMG code" (which you just did), do this to the "HTML code"(one on top of IMG code). This should make it. Do it girl!

• kinghaven
    14 years ago

try again

Here is a link that might be useful: beckys blooms

• Coralred
    14 years ago

I use Firefox with the BBCode extension and it's easy to insert the picture here.

• jodik_gw
    14 years ago

Choose the HTML coding to place within the body of a message here in the forum. GardenWeb uses the HTML format.

I use PhotoBucket to store my pictures online... then, I choose the 3rd option under the picture I want to place here, and I copy the HTML coding and paste it here.

{{gwi:433862}}

It may be necessary to use Control+C on your keyboard to copy the HTML code, but pasting should be a simple right click of your mouse.

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    14 years ago

OK While we are on this subject I'm still struggling with loading pictures from Picasa...I've been given instruction and I still can't get it to work. I want to be able to load several pictures into the message box like the rest of you do! I know most of you use Photobucket but I have several thousand pictures on Picasa ablbums and have been pleased with this up until now. Thanks for any step by step instruction you might we willing to give me!!
    Donna

• Carl
    14 years ago

... and so on. That way it should work. Just get rid of the * in the code. Be sure to copy a link address that ends in .jpg or wich format you use.

I never used picasa, so I can just give you this regular advice. But it should work with each and every picture regardless where they're uploaded.

14 years ago

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Gf5q7CQK8sE/Sx7U7O3BAvI/AAAAAAAASp0/b05eyRrIYd0/s400/Documents3.jpghttp://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/JtONds2CoC5QLWjubej0Ig?feat=directlink I used both the box under the word linc and the box under the words embeded image......there doesn't appear to be an * in either code....I also clicked the box that said Image only, no linc...Lets see what I get...

14 years ago

NO PICTURES!! BUMMER!!

• Carl
    14 years ago

Please take a closer look on what I posted. I didn't post a link, let me show you again ...

address of first picture">

There where adress of first picture stands, there goes your picture, your case http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Gf5q7CQK8sE/Sx7U7O3BAvI/AAAAAAAASp0/b05eyRrIYd0/s400/Documents3.jpg

Like this:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Gf5q7CQK8sE/Sx7U7O3BAvI/AAAAAAAASp0/b05eyRrIYd0/s400/Documents3.jpg">;

Be sure to keep the quotation marks!
    Then, when you're taking away the star it should work:

{{gwi:433863}}

14 years ago

I tried again and it would not post my message...and I changed the subject

• wesley_butterflies
    14 years ago

Photo bucket pic posting

Place mouse on the pic you want to post see HTML Code 3rd line under pic slide mouse down to HTML Code, right click on HTML Code

On right side of the same line you'll see a blue highlight
    Slide mouse over to it

Right click that blue area and you'll see copy poping down
    slide mouse down
    Left Click copy

bring mouse to the thread page and right click on page

Left click paste

then click Preview message

scroll up
    I bet it looks good.. does it ?
    repeat same steps as often as you wish hit enter for spaces or words

you can practice on edits and all to soon you'll be a pic posting pro if you delete the pic(S) we see a empty photo bucket box on thread which also blocks all your folders from any views

Heres a link that may be useful is different I don't know how to do that

14 years ago

Thanks, great directions for Photobucket....I'm struggling with Picasa................

14 years ago

I will try again

14 years ago

loading 1 image
    loading 2nd image
    Failure??

• rebecca47
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm glad I am not the only one having "issues" posting images!

It would help if every forum/discussion board weren't different!

Hey "Elizabeth", THANK YOU! LS is finished with it's first bloom stem now and now waiting on the second one.

• rebecca47
    Original Author
    14 years ago

{{gwi:433867}}

By George, I think I have it!

As the cation implies, this was labeled as LA PAZ, more like RED PEARL or another of the reds. Flash image does not do it justice though as it is a very deep, dark red with an even darker throat. Beautiful, just not what I wanted.

• wesley_butterflies
    14 years ago

Yes it's the same on all full zise and big sizes screen pics from picasa to flicker to whoever
    there should be an edit feature for sizing at each pic holding site(S) They all have differant ways of doing edits and sizing thou

Example:
    A Size /edit the pic ( A x16 )down an them holes , blurrs halos go away as it gets smaller it gets less blurr and holes........

Do this edit/sizing at the pic sites thou not on the camrea/comp area folders the small pic you made via edit on the comp get real big and way off again at the site. I call it killing the whole pic

Your red hippe pic: feed back on other problems:( just as help for you to do better )
    your backlighting and room lighting is off on the WAY to bright way to much spectrum causeing for even more haze,blurrs and halos I can tell it is a hippe cause of the forum and it's shape , but would of also said its a lily of some type of posted there forum I'd of also said yes

I am not sure what kind of camrea you have but even point and shots do a pretty darn good job

Lighitng is key, #1, top priority, most important, even if you do have a top shelf camrea: nikon cannon (examples)
    1 )check your lighitng 2)use the time of day to help 3) aim for dead center, and or to deep inside 4) ouch if you wear glasses 5) snap 6 - 10 at a time and check em on the comp 6) prior to uploading pick the best to your view from comp to upload 7) size, edit, post
    The more you post the more we will see, the more we see, the better you get.

You can grow a hippe, I can take a pic. I'm trying to grow a hippe.. I think you get the rest.

• jodik_gw
    14 years ago

I wish I could help with Picasa, but I don't use that online storage facility.

However, since GardenWeb is HTML based, I would think using the HTML coding for your photos would be similar regardless which storage facility you use.

I would assume Picasa has directions somewhere for pasting your pictures into forums and message boards. At the very least, it should have FAQ's or a Help file.

• rebecca47
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am currently shooting my hippie pictures with a Kodak Z1012 IS (10 MP) using the auto setting. I back off a good 8+feet and zoom in with the 12x zoom lens and auto flash because these plants are in the living room window and thus are strongly back lit (which is why I use the fill flash). I upload from the memory card and have to resize to 1/2 just to be able to see the image on my 26" monitor. That smaller size is saved and I then do any cropping and additional editing and save those images at 125 to 300 dpi depending on how I intend the images to be used.

I got my first camera when I was 10 years old, it was a brand new Brownie Hawkeye. So I have been taking picture for a few years . I have also done some semi-professional animal photography back in the day of the SLR with manual operating, none of this auto anything stuff.

I began digital photography using an inexpensive Samsung Digimax and have my third one of them now that I also use.

{{gwi:433268}}

{{gwi:433870}}

Wes, I can take good pictures, very good pictures in fact, flash presents problems and the color red presents even more.

• rebecca47
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No hippie shots on Picasa (yet) do have kitty pix though!

{{gwi:433872}}

• jodik_gw
    14 years ago

Cute, Rebecca! She reminds me very much of a female version of Harry, our resident barn cat!

• wesley_butterflies
    14 years ago

I sometimes use my finger, pieces of paper, cotton balls clear food wrape ect....and cover up/filter some to all parts of the flash on that type of flash ready camrea. It helps to slow the flash speed down if needed. The top notch camreas have flash speed as a programable feature. If you have threads on the lens front 1x 2x 3x close up filters (kit) allow you to get closer ensure of threads and size of threads

Cute kitty no doubt you can take a pic. I visited your hippe photo bucket folder and left a comment on one. All of em Awsum

Mis read your "flash" on the Red Pearl posted

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions