Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
repotted seedlings

Posted by hippifan 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 29, 11 at 11:19

Hi,
I repotted my seedlings last saturday. Here they are. They look healthy, don't they?

This one has 7 leaves!

They are 8 months. I'm proud on it! They are crossing Appleblossom × (I think) Desire.

Is this Desire? And if not, wich one is it then?
Thank you for identify!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: repotted seedlings

They look great!! Do you grow them inside?? What size pot were they in, how many/pot, etc! Looks like the bigger one might bloom for you this spring!
K

o

Wow!! You should be really proud of yourself, they look great!! And look at those leaves will you!! I can't really tell if your picture is Desire or not, the lighting is a little dark,(Off hand it looks like Red Lion, but you'd know if it was red or not) but whatever it is, with Apple Blossom, they should be stunning!! I have some seedlings of Apple Blossom x Lady Jane..but they aren't nearly as vigorous as yours. Here is my Desire see it you think that is what you had. Desire has a very noticible lavender midrib which was on all of my flowers..I think it shows in the pictures..hope this helps you ID your flower!

Donna

href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/NVvqFiuEPQGOrFyt1ZaMJdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=embedwebsite">

o

Nice photos, everyone! Thanks for sharing!

o

8 MONTHS

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! Wow ;) I think you may be onto something here, SHARE your success please!

o

Thank you for all enthousiastic replies. I didn't know they were so good actually.

I just sowed them in february, they showed their first leaf in march, after some months I repotted them each in a pot, so 1 per pot, and they were outside by a wall at the south. And in oktober I replaced them inside. Actually that's all.

I think it isn't Desire then. Can you name some more orange ones. Then I can look them up here:

Here is a link that might be useful: www.emaryllis.com

o

Perhaps it is Orange Sovereign? It is a very vigorous grower.

o

Hmmm, when I have a better look at the second picture of Donna, perhaps it is Desire.

o

It might also be Naranja, another very lovely orange..but, what ever it is, with Apple Blossom you will definitely be handing out cigars when the time comes...can't wait to see them...

Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here