Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cupido

Posted by anna_in_quebec z4 QC (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 15, 09 at 13:29

So here I was anxiously awaiting Cupido to bloom (a Hadeco bulb obtained from GardenImport Canada) - seduced by this picture:
Photobucket

But, this is what appeared, very sweet and pink, but it seems to me it is not the same. Any ideas what it really is? Incidentally, of the 3 Grafitti bulbs (posted here previously - sold in 3's), one bulb was a simple greenish-white. I wrote to GI, and got no response, so I don't know if I should bother "complaining" about Cupido (it may not be their fault even). Anyway, here is my current supposed Cupido:

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cupido

I also bought the Grafitti bulbs in three from gardenimports, the very same has happened with mine. They opened all at the same time pretty much and there are two that have the red streaks but then one is just a very nice green. i was going to call because i was sure that the green one is mislabled and not some variation in the three bulbs. now with yours having the smae issues I am going to call for sure. I just planted the cupido so i will have to wait and see on that one.

o

It could be Bellisimo. The veining on Cupido is more distinctive than Bellisimo. And the stamen on Cupido is pink, on Bellisimo it is white.

I think that photo you posted should have a white background instead of grey; meaning they darkened the picture or super-saturated the color.

I found a S. A. gardener's website/album below and he has his own pictures of both listed next to each other. Take a look. Click on the thumbnails to see several large pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Be-amazed Flower Album

o

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 15, 09 at 22:46

Your photo of Cupido looks rather like my Cupido! I received my little bulb a couple of years ago...

This is my Cupido...
Cupido 1

Cupido

Very lovely pictures, Anna! I don't know for certain, though... do we both have the real Cupido? Do I have the real Cupido?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here