Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindeea_gw

Ann's Charisma Crosses

cindeea
13 years ago

Remember my Spunky Charisma crosses(from Ann-eliz) that bloomed last year? Some of the flowers from the largest bulb seemed to be fused together or 'doubled' itself?

{{gwi:434733}}From 2009-10 Amaryllis

Well, this year, that BULB is splitting or 'doubling' itself. It has 2 distinctive necks shooting up separate leaves...will it split scapes too?? I will get a photo of the bulb tonight. I cannot wait to see what this striking Cross brings me this season!! another shot

{{gwi:434734}}From 2009-10 Amaryllis

Comments (11)

• bluebonsai101
    13 years ago

Very nice...sounds like an interesting bulb :o) Dan

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    13 years ago

Looks like it will be very beautiful again..do you know what Charisma was crossed with?

Donna

• e36yellowm3
    13 years ago

That bloom is nice enough to clone! Sweet, Cindee.

Alana

• cindeea
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Dan!!! How the heck are you? Nice seeing you again this season.

Donna--Only Ann can answer the crossing question...here's a single that also bloomed from the same batch of Charisma-crossed seeds from Ann...Spectacular to me! It was the first bloom from the batch back in 2009 Spring. The double was 2010 Spring. {{gwi:434735}}From Amaryllis 2008-09
    Now, here is the double-trouble bulb...should I separate it?
    {{gwi:434736}}From 2010-2011 Amaryllis

Or should I leave it and let the siamese twin thing do it's magic??? I think I'll leave it to see what happens this season.

• elizabeth_jb
    13 years ago

Amazing! Absolutely amazing!

Cindee, I wondered what happened to you, but I sort of disappeared myself with life's mishappenings.

I was very particular that year about documenting, and I suspect that your double is an Exotica X Dancing Queen. I didn't cross a double with Charisma.

I do hope that eventually, you and Huan will share a division with me, so I can see the results in person.

Gee! I wish school wasn't so hectic. I would absolutely love to hybridize, share and watch all of the results.

Both you and Huan have treasures! My heart is pleased to have been part of it...

My notes from that year.

Exotica X Dancing Queen
    Exotica X Ster Van Holland
    Exotica X ?
    Picotee X Pasadena
    Emerald X S&H Papilio (4 pods)
    Voodoo X Supreme Garden
    Santa Cruz X Amourette
    Cocktail X ?
    La Paz X Misty
    Lemon & Lime X Limona
    Santa Cruz X (Not)Royal Velvet
    San Remoes X Pink Impression
    San Remoes X Pink Impression
    Exotic Star X La Paz
    Supreme Garden X Ruby Meyer
    Misty X ?
    Ruby Meyer X ?
    Red Pearl X Black Pearl
    Exotic Star X La Paz
    Exotic Star X ?
    Royal Velvet X Santa Cruz
    Red Pearl X Dancing Queen
    Lemon & Lime X Santa Cruz
    Supreme Garden X ?
    Exotica X ?
    Limona X ?
    Voodoo X Voodoo
    Voodoo X Sumatra
    Voodoo X Gilmar
    Voodoo X Gilmar
    Santa Cruz X Amourette
    Black Pearl X Red Pearl
    Amourette X Santa Cruz
    Black Pearl X Red Pearl
    Voodoo X Sumatra
    Voodoo X ?
    Gran Cruz X Charisma
    Charisma X ?
    Voodoo X ?
    Supreme Garden X ?
    Voodoo X Sumatra
    Voodoo X Sumatra
    Voodoo X Sumatra
    Voodoo X Sumatra
    Limona X Santa Cruz
    Santa Cruz X ?
    Red Pearl X Lavender
    Pink X ?
    Red Pearl X ?
    Red & White X Lavender
    Charisma X Scarlet Baby
    Charisma X Lemon & Lime
    Black Pearl X Red Pearl
    Red Pearl X Lavender
    Charisma X Scarlet Baby
    Charisma X Lavender
    Charisma X Lavender

Ann

• haxuan
    13 years ago

Hi Ann, it's me XUAN (pronounced like S-W-A-N).

I feel I should share a photo of the bloom from the cross-seedling of Exotica x Dancing Queen so Cindee can compare.

{{gwi:434737}}

{{gwi:434738}}

And here's another one from the batch of seeds I received from you but I don't know what it is. The tags all lost in transit when I moved back here to 'Nam.

{{gwi:434739}}

Xuan

• cindeea
    Original Author
    13 years ago

((((((ANN))))) Darlin' friend!! Boy, look at that list. I have "Ann's Charisma Crosses" on a few tags, but I also know you are very precise with your records and i was just a beginner when you sent me seeds....who knows....could be Exotica or just some Mutation. Do you like the singles too? In any event, dear heart. I have 4 or 5 bulbs from your crosses in the same large pot. I also think I gave some of them to Jan because she was here just after it's last blooming and they were multiplying so fast. I will pluck one of the bulbs and send to you (I'll shoot you a personal email)And let me know if I have anything else that tickles your fancy. Not one of MY crosses have bloomed yet...Just yours and Maria's Gilmar mixes. I should have done better recording exact names. This is so fun sharing your creation with you! ANOTHER photo of a non double of yours
    {{gwi:434740}}From Amaryllis 2008-09

By the way, the colors are pretty darn close to real. They go from smokey and muted oranges to vibrant streaked with yellow and greens. This one in particular was more vibrant.

• cindeea
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Holy WOW Xuan!! I did not see your post. How lovely. Boy we sure are blessed by Ann, aren't we? I pasted your double photo next a pic of mine and they sure do look like soul sisters. Even tho there is a variation in intensit of color ranges, the shape of the petals are almost spot on! I concue, it must be Exotica and not Charisma. I do remember having seed crossings with Dancing Queen-Perhaps my feeble mind caved in! Beautiful photos Xuan, wish I could post the side by side. I will email it to you.

• haxuan
    13 years ago

Yes, Cindee, the color difference must be resulted from our different cameras, [and also my poor photography skill :-( ]
    but the shape/form is very similar.

• elizabeth_jb
    11 years ago

Hey, all!

I am thrilled to follow these post and see the pics of of my well cared for babies.

Love you all! And thank you for sharing...

The Dancing Queen and Exotica was a special gift and a dream come true. I am so thrilled that it made it so many miles away.

Ann

• haxuan
    11 years ago

Hello Ann...greetings from Vietnam.

I hope you have seen my posts re the new blooms. Two of those were from you seeds that have been bloomed and re-bloomed for me, every year.

Here they are, again for you to view.

Exotica x Dancing queen crosses

{{gwi:372503}}

{{gwi:434741}}

{{gwi:434744}}

{{gwi:381779}}

Something else

{{gwi:381778}}

Many of the seedlings are in dormant. I will update when they bloom.

Xuan