Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

I have been chasing the elusive Hippeastrum Rembrandt van Rijn since my original bulb rotted.

For several years I was buying bulbs from California that were advertised as RVR and got orangey-red blooms. This year, another distributor advertised them.

I called and asked, "Are you buying from a reputable breeder?" "Yes, she replied" and we both agreed that it was very exciting!

They were supposed to arrive on Monday. I called and asked, "Did the RVR bulbs arrive?"....and was told, "No, they've been delayed and should be here on Wednesday."

I called today and asked, "Did the RVR bulbs arrive?"....and was told, "The truck is being unloaded." I asked, "Are the RVR on the truck?" and was told, "They're supposed to be, but I haven't seen them yet."

OK...while she was wanting to take an order right then and there...I said, "I'll call you back in a few hours to see if you got the RVR bulbs and how they look."

Well....I just called, and asked, "Did the RVR bulbs arrive?"....and what do you think I was told?

ugh

Wait

no

answer's coming

Here ya go...

"The seller sent a substitution. We got Rosy.....something." "Rosy Star, I asked!" "Yes, that's the one" she said. "Oh...I ordered that from Europe months ago!!"

So...guess that RVR is still a "holy grail" bulb.
ARGH!

:-?
K

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions