Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lemon Sorber, Green Dragon & Lowe's Lady Jane

Posted by dondeldux 6b MA (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 29, 10 at 15:44

Hi Everyone,

Just a few pictures of my Lemon Sorbet, I can't believe how beautiful this one is and how yellow! Green Dragon is a little cutie, but I fear this one is stressed as one bud won't open, I may have to cut off the scapes to save the bulb... and of course Lowe's Susan that is Lady Jane...

I was going to put Rebel's pollen on Green Dragon, but I think I will dab some on Lemon Sorbet instead, since it appears more stable. There are 9 flower to come on Lemon Sorbet and 5 on Green Dragon..both have 2 scapes. I'm not sure if Rebel's pollen will take on these minis but It's worth a try...

Donna

Lemon Sorbet without flash..a 4" flower..

with flash..

and Green Dragon..a 3" flower at best..

and Lady Jane with Lemon Sorbet...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lemon Sorbet, Green Dragon & Lowe's Lady Jane

I sure wish there was a way to edit on this forum when you screw up!! Is there I way that I don't know about..?

o
RE: Lemon Sorber, Green Dragon & Lowe's Lady Jane

Lemon Sorbet - - what a beautiful flower! My Susan from Lowes also turned out to be Lady Jane - it has barely emerged from the bulb but has produced a nice bloom with two more to open.

o

Hi again, I just got a better picture of Green Dragon capturing the green heart..very diminutive flower hopefully it will grow roots soon...

o

I love this green dragon!
Thanks for sharing!

o

Donna,

My "Green Dragon" is nice and planted into the pot with decent roots but some of the flowers are deformed and some just wont open?! It's a cute little flower tho!

I love your "Lemon Sorbet" ;)

o

Joshy did You buy her this year?
Feed her well and see the flower next year.
Maybe she had some troubles in transport or storing.
best regards

o

The latest picture of your Green Dragon is just wonderful!! I might have to look around and try to find one of those.

o

Josh, One of the flowers on my Green Dragon was deformed also, I just picked it off. There were only 5 flowers total on 2 scapes, now there are four. I pulled all the pollen off but won't put anything on her. Her profile is sweet too and the back of the flower is even greener...I'm really beginning to like these smaller flowered varieties, expecially the ones with the shorter stems.

Thanks Everyone,

Donna

o

• Posted by quail USDA 9 (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 30, 10 at 19:02

They all sound pretty. Donna and Josh, I hope your Green Dragons root well soon.
Donna, does Lemon Sorbet have any scent? If not, do any of you know of any yellow hippies that do have scent?
Michelle

o

Beautiful, Donna!!

o

No scent.. and I don't at the moment know of a yellow that is, but someone else might....

o

My "Green Dragon" had 3 scapes with a total of 10 flowers, one had 4 and the others 3. I really like it overall, the shape and color are great. The bulb itself is only 14 cm at most!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here