Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
H. Fantastica

Posted by hippeastrumadmirer 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 15:58

I will give you the chance to see it's true talent! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: H. Fantastica

Here is what it looks like when it's in full bloom :)

o

Pretty! Are you getting these up in Canada? Fun to see the kits available in other places. Be sure to post when it blooms!
K

o

Do you mean this particular H. Fantastica isn't available to purchase in your country? If so how Horrible :(

o

Dear Kaboehm are the three hippeastrum's that I was showing you available in your country? Please answer me, Sincerely PHIL :)

o

Phil,
I am sorry but I don't have time to search all throughout all the possible sources for these bulbs. I haven't see the Ludwig kits in the hardware stores where I usually shop, but that doesn't mean that they aren't available here.
K

o

I have another question, my h. fantastica has not yet opened and on one of the blooms I saw little white crawling insect on one of the blooms that haven't opened yet, plus that specific bloom looks like on one side it's deplumping, plus there looks like there was a maybe damaged spot on the bloom I do not know if it's just my imagination, and I think on that flower stalk itself there are four blooms one of them looks deformed, I will post a picture as soon as I can! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP DEAR MEMBER'S OF THE HIPPEASTRUM FORUM! :)

o

Doesn't it look weird?

o

Here!

o

Here we go! :/

o

Here we go! :/ I don't know what to think?

o

Last Picture! :/ ???? Can someone please help me and Please And THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU! :)

o

Phil...help you with what?

And YES...these are all available from Berbee in the US.
Kristi

o

I have another question, my h. fantastica has not yet opened and on one of the blooms I saw little white crawling insect on one of the blooms that haven't opened yet, plus that specific bloom looks like on one side it's deplumping, plus there looks like there was a maybe damaged spot on the bloom I do not know if it's just my imagination, and I think on that flower stalk itself there are four blooms one of them looks deformed, I will post a picture as soon as I can! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP DEAR MEMBER'S OF THE HIPPEASTRUM FORUM! :)

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS KABOEHM :)PLEASE AND THANK YOU :)

o

Phil I can't help you unless you post a photo of the bug!
The folding and unfolding of a bloom as it emerges is pretty common. It's a lot of flower coming out of a very cramped space!!
Regarding your "WHAT IS THIS??"....well it could be a bloom that didn't make it, but as long as it's green, leave it be and see what it in when that flower blooms. If you pick at it, then you run the risk of damaging the bloom.

OK...quit panicing!! Just sit back and let them bloom!! Unless you catch a bug in the act....!
K

o

Phil, the bloom should be open! Let's see photos as a follow-up. Also, what did those green things turn out to be?
K

o

Here :)

o

Here :)

o

Here :)is the third photo! :)

o

and the fourth :)These photo's were taken on december 7th 2012

o

What about the thing that concerned you so much?
The shape of the bloom is very odd... Poor thing. But the color is nice.
K

o

Isn't this weid, it's like the second flower bud on h. fantastica, isn't producing enough photosynthesis! You can see that white spot on the flower bud, I haven't had a problem with this bulb until I put a pointsettia in front of it, and then the next day I noticed that bug, it was white, but it wasn't a mealy bug or an aphid, and plus all the flower buds from my pointsettia started to shrivel up and die :(

o

and the seed pods haven't even gotten the chance to produce photosynthesis? you see the white below?

o

Here's a close up, it's like the life is being sucked out of my h. fantastica :(

o

another one :(

o

I mean I keep my plants exposed to the sunlight and I water in the saucer :(

o

It's like something is sucking the life out of my h. fantastica :(

o

It;s like something is sucking the life out of them :( poor h.

o

You know what I mean?

o

and because the end parts that were white right before the seed pod begins to develop, my camera could not show you that those parts look like they are shrivelling up mega bummer :(

o

I would really appreciate your help please and thank you :)

This post was edited by hippeastrumadmirer on Thu, Dec 13, 12 at 15:52

o

The only problem is my h. fantastica is beside h. maria goretti and I removed the pointsettia and put it in a new location :)

o

I need your help and suggestions please and thank you! :)

o

Well Phil...sometimes things just happen. I'll let you know what happens with my H. Fantastica and then maybe we'll know if it's just this hybrid. I think the white on the bud will end up being ok....or not? I've never seen anything like it. Could be an early sign of failure to thrive.

I don't think this is something we can fix.

Since poinsettias usually last for months...they are really leaves, you have something going on that is bigger that I can handle!
K

o

Thanks a Bunch :) and b the way I moved my h. Fantastica to a different location, one were there are no plants!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here