Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hippeastrumadmirer

H. Fantastica

hippeastrumadmirer
11 years ago

I will give you the chance to see it's true talent! :)

Comments (34)

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is what it looks like when it's in full bloom :)

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    11 years ago

Pretty! Are you getting these up in Canada? Fun to see the kits available in other places. Be sure to post when it blooms!
    K

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Do you mean this particular H. Fantastica isn't available to purchase in your country? If so how Horrible :(

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Dear Kaboehm are the three hippeastrum's that I was showing you available in your country? Please answer me, Sincerely PHIL :)

11 years ago

Phil,
    I am sorry but I don't have time to search all throughout all the possible sources for these bulbs. I haven't see the Ludwig kits in the hardware stores where I usually shop, but that doesn't mean that they aren't available here.
    K

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have another question, my h. fantastica has not yet opened and on one of the blooms I saw little white crawling insect on one of the blooms that haven't opened yet, plus that specific bloom looks like on one side it's deplumping, plus there looks like there was a maybe damaged spot on the bloom I do not know if it's just my imagination, and I think on that flower stalk itself there are four blooms one of them looks deformed, I will post a picture as soon as I can! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP DEAR MEMBER'S OF THE HIPPEASTRUM FORUM! :)

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Doesn't it look weird?

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here!

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here we go! :/

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here we go! :/ I don't know what to think?

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Last Picture! :/ ???? Can someone please help me and Please And THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU! :)

11 years ago

Phil...help you with what?

And YES...these are all available from Berbee in the US.
    Kristi

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have another question, my h. fantastica has not yet opened and on one of the blooms I saw little white crawling insect on one of the blooms that haven't opened yet, plus that specific bloom looks like on one side it's deplumping, plus there looks like there was a maybe damaged spot on the bloom I do not know if it's just my imagination, and I think on that flower stalk itself there are four blooms one of them looks deformed, I will post a picture as soon as I can! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP DEAR MEMBER'S OF THE HIPPEASTRUM FORUM! :)

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS KABOEHM :)PLEASE AND THANK YOU :)

11 years ago

Phil I can't help you unless you post a photo of the bug!
    The folding and unfolding of a bloom as it emerges is pretty common. It's a lot of flower coming out of a very cramped space!!
    Regarding your "WHAT IS THIS??"....well it could be a bloom that didn't make it, but as long as it's green, leave it be and see what it in when that flower blooms. If you pick at it, then you run the risk of damaging the bloom.

OK...quit panicing!! Just sit back and let them bloom!! Unless you catch a bug in the act....!
    K

11 years ago

Phil, the bloom should be open! Let's see photos as a follow-up. Also, what did those green things turn out to be?
    K

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here :)

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here :)

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here :)is the third photo! :)

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

and the fourth :)These photo's were taken on december 7th 2012

11 years ago

What about the thing that concerned you so much?
    The shape of the bloom is very odd... Poor thing. But the color is nice.
    K

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Isn't this weid, it's like the second flower bud on h. fantastica, isn't producing enough photosynthesis! You can see that white spot on the flower bud, I haven't had a problem with this bulb until I put a pointsettia in front of it, and then the next day I noticed that bug, it was white, but it wasn't a mealy bug or an aphid, and plus all the flower buds from my pointsettia started to shrivel up and die :(

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

and the seed pods haven't even gotten the chance to produce photosynthesis? you see the white below?

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here's a close up, it's like the life is being sucked out of my h. fantastica :(

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

another one :(

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I mean I keep my plants exposed to the sunlight and I water in the saucer :(

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It's like something is sucking the life out of my h. fantastica :(

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It;s like something is sucking the life out of them :( poor h.

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You know what I mean?

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

and because the end parts that were white right before the seed pod begins to develop, my camera could not show you that those parts look like they are shrivelling up mega bummer :(

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I would really appreciate your help please and thank you :)

This post was edited by hippeastrumadmirer on Thu, Dec 13, 12 at 15:52

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The only problem is my h. fantastica is beside h. maria goretti and I removed the pointsettia and put it in a new location :)

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I need your help and suggestions please and thank you! :)

11 years ago

Well Phil...sometimes things just happen. I'll let you know what happens with my H. Fantastica and then maybe we'll know if it's just this hybrid. I think the white on the bud will end up being ok....or not? I've never seen anything like it. Could be an early sign of failure to thrive.

I don't think this is something we can fix.

Since poinsettias usually last for months...they are really leaves, you have something going on that is bigger that I can handle!
    K

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks a Bunch :) and b the way I moved my h. Fantastica to a different location, one were there are no plants!

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County