Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hippeastrumadmirer

How to tell when my pointsettia is ready for pollination?

hippeastrumadmirer
11 years ago

How to tell when my pointsettia is ready for pollination?

Comments (14)

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    11 years ago

Try checking a Google search! Just like I did for you!! See link below.
    K

Here is a link that might be useful: Wikihow Pointsettia polliation

• tommyr_gw Zone 6
    11 years ago

Try the Houseplant forum.

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Could I please Obtain a valid message, or if you have a poinsettia plant could you make a video of you hand pollinating it and upload it on youtube, please :)

11 years ago

Phil, the Link that I provided IS VALID!!

Why don't you try asking the correct forum for your question.

I have personally done my best to help you over the years and you continue to be ungrateful. I don't recall that you've ever said "Thanks" for any help that anyone has every given you!!

We have sympathized when your brother ripped out your seedlings, we were entertained by your quest to pollinate an amaryllis with pollen from the Easter Lily and separately from the Hosta plant.

You are entering a phase in your life where you are going to have to be more resourceful and independant! Please try and at least look for answers and then direct your questions to the proper forums. That will give you the best chance the answer that you want.

K

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

My Apologies THANK YOU TIMES INFINITY, UNFORTUNATLY I MYSELF HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER AND I ENDED UP DESTROYING THE SEEDLINGS OF THE EASTER LILY TIMES HIPPEASTRUM, WHY BECAUSE OF FUNGUS GNATS, AGAIN MY DEEPEST APOLOGY AND THANK YOU TIMES INFINITY TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME OVER THE YEARS! :)

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh and by the way i'm more of the visual type of person! :)

11 years ago

Phil,
    You are welcome...

I did another search for you. Did you know that there is a hybridizing forum!? I bet you would have a lot of fun on that forum. Here's a link to it AND a thread about pollination of poinsettias. Lots of good links!

I remember your battle with fungus gnats!!

K

Here is a link that might be useful: Hybridizing forum

• jodik_gw
    11 years ago

I mean no disrespect or offense, but I'm confused by the displayed pattern and response.

My husband is slightly OCD, and his first action would be an obsessive search to locate not only the right forum, but every other link he could find that gave him the exact information he sought, and he wouldn't stop until he found what he was looking for... no offense intended. That's simply the pattern of behavior I notice from him.

He would never allow me or anyone else to answer the question he had, and take the answers at face value. He'd read, and search out scientific information for himself. That's just how he is.

So, I have to question why someone who wanted information on one type of plant would ask at an entirely different forum... and again, no offense intended. It just strikes me as rather off the typical pattern of behavior.

11 years ago

I think we've got it worked out now Jodi...
    K

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

First of all Jodik OCD can go into many forms, like being someone who is addicted to cleaning a house, someone who bites their nails, etc... The reason why I posted in this section was because I had a feeling you guys and girls would be able to help e properly! :)

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This is why I was confused!

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And this reason too!

• hippeastrumadmirer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And this is what ninecrow was showing me on the house plant forum, now do you guys and girls understand my confusion! :/

11 years ago

Mine always get sticky sap...drippy things. Could be that your plant won't have the right parts. Think about double hippeastrum blooms. They don't have stigms and many don't have anthers. Give your plant time and see. It's still early in the season. It looks like there's still a bit of "ripening" to do!
    K

Sponsored
More Discussions