Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for a previous message about ludwing hipp

Posted by ketus 11 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 23, 09 at 17:03

I cany find a previous message who have a a flower from a plant coming from ludwing as I made some croses with earlier ludwing plants and the result are very similar, I want to contact with the user who post it

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx280/emdadah/rebordada.png
thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for a previous message about ludwing hipp

That would be me....do a search on the post for Gordie.
Kristi
"Gordie" bloom 4-6-08

o
RE: Spots?

Don't you just love the netting?? Mega Star is also similar and has lots of netting, but it has a ring of maroon in the deep recesses of the throat. I don't see any spots in the throat of your flower...my Gordie has spots. Aren't crosses fun! Never know what you are going to get!

K

o
RE: Spots?

Don't you just love the netting?? Mega Star is also similar and has lots of netting, but it has a ring of maroon in the deep recesses of the throat. I don't see any spots in the throat of your flower...my Gordie has spots. Aren't crosses fun! Never know what you are going to get!

K

o

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 24, 09 at 13:02

I positively love Gordie! It speaks to me of a Royal Minerva ancestor... or something like that... I'm partial to Minerva, I know, but I see a lot of similarities.

Mega Star is nice, but it's no Gordie! I hope to someday acquire a Gordie baby or bulblet... I'm putting my pennies away for special bulbs that I want!

That veining just takes my breath away! Kristi, you did a wonderful thing, saving this one for posterity! It's priceless, in terms of history and beauty!

o

Guess I should have said...don't you just love netting on Amaryllis, as I had the photo from ketus on the screen next to Gordie. You can really tell that Minerva is in their background...she's an old hippi and in lots of the current blooms. The cross does resemble Gordie (bred by Ludwig) in many ways, but not exactly. There are other similar netted blooms out there as well. Mega Star is one that is currently available.

K

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here