Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
love_the_yard

Pioneer Garden Club Holiday Sale, December 4 & 5, Ocala, Florida

I received the email below from the Amaryllis Study Group. This is the only information I have. (The email did not provide the hours/times.) I added a link to a map of the Pioneer Garden Club of Ocala, Florida.

==================================================

PLANTABULOUS

PIONEER GARDEN CLUB

PLANTRAGEOUS FLOWERRIFFIC HOLIDAY FESTIVAL

Come help us celebrate the holidays !!! Saturday/Sunday December 4 & 5 at the Pioneer Garden Club next to the Appleton Museum on the north side of Silver Springs Blvd. [E. Hwy 40] between Ocala and Silver Springs, FL. After you turn into the Appleton take the first left and straight ahead. Check out our goodies.

I have the best and most unusual colors of the hard to get teagarden [sonatini] amaryllis including peach parfait, double red and white, double green and white, green, pink picotee, lemon sorbet, Amalfi pink, double red Fanfare, pink & white double. I have a specially selected group of EXTRA DARK RED amaryllis that have been sprouted so they will be in bloom from mid December through the New Year for all your guests, festivities, or a really special present.

This is the largest selection of amaryllis varieties I will have this year through July 2011. We will not have an Amaryllis Study Group Christmas show because of building renovations at the AG Center, but you can pick up the latest blooming techniques including the correct method for blooming a bulb in a dish of water without rotting your bulb at this show. How about a red Goliath that gets larger blooms every year as the bulb gets larger and the roots increase in number and depth until the flower diameter becomes 10", 11", or... ? Have you been looking for the old classic Picotee white with the red rim around each petal bred in Jacksonville, FL in the 1920s? Come see the much sought-after species Papilio [butterfly], its really unusual hybrid Exotic Star and other fancy hybrids.

Have you seen the building and grounds? Bring your friends. Wahoo gorgeous flowers !!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Map to Pioneer Garden Club of Ocala, Florida

Comment (1)

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    13 years ago

I have pals in Ocala, just wish I had known about this in advance! IS ANYONE GOING!??!

1) is there a handout that can be posted here about the rooting technique?

2) any idea on the bulb prices?

3) is anyone willing to pick up some and ship to TX?

THANKS,
    K

Sponsored
More Discussions