Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miss Ethel Blooms!

Posted by cindeea 10 Ft Myers (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 22, 09 at 17:32

Striatum Miss Ethel. Her veins seem more defined and her color a paler peach this year. I bask in her delightful beauty! Hope you enjoy her.
From Amazing Miss E

From Amazing Miss E

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miss Ethel Blooms!

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 22, 09 at 19:07

She's beautiful, Cindee! I do like her a lot! And is that another bud next to her? How exciting!

Thanks for sharing Miss Ethel! She's a real looker!

o

Cindee, that's a sweet bloom. I'm really getting to like the apricot / coral colored blooms. Must be a phase I'm going through :-) Alana

o

Oh... I love Miss Ethel, Cindee, such a clear colour and gorgeous throat. Just beautiful.

o

Her bud-mate on same scape is almost fully open tonight and the 2nd scape is teasing to open
From Amazing Miss E

Notice the back petals are a deeper shades of peach and green. Love it, love it!!

o

Hey Alana, I forgot to add, i will share a bulblet or 2 with you as soon as I find the Ferrari Cross I promised you and the Talledega tomato seeds I have been holding since last spring. I will try to get them out soon before it gets too cold in your region.

o

Hey Cindee, wow - that's exciting! Thanks so much. I'll be looking forward to it. (Can wait to plant those fast tomatoes this spring.) Alana

o

Very pretty Cindeea!
Susan

o

Cindee, Miss Ethel is dainty pretty gal.

Jan

o

Tue, Nov 24, 09 at 10:16

She just gets lovelier! What a beauty! The peach and green coloration is really something!

o

Miss Ethel is sweet Cindee.
I'm with Alana being currently obsessed with coral flowers.
So pretty!
Sally

o

Cindee, Miss Ethel is beautiful! Congrats!

Theresa

o

DOUBLE VISION!
As the 1st scape is fading the 2nd is taking over following in an almost mirror image of her predecessor. These are 2 separate bulbs and all 4 flowers are near identical!
From Amazing Miss E

From Amazing Miss E

Thank you Raydio where ever you are!!

o
p.s. alana

Alana-Email me...I have to get her babes out to you.

o

Cindee, that last pic is just the perfect family portrait. If it was people you could use it on a Christmas card ;-) I'm sending ya email now! Alana

o

Mon, Nov 30, 09 at 22:28

Truly beautiful, Cindee! Such a soft color, and a giving bloomer, too!

o

That color...its so delicious! Yummy flower. :)

o

Thanks for all your kind comments. They are pretty!!

Jodi, did I share a baby or 2 of Miss E with you? How is it doing? I love knowing how they carry on with others. These bulbs are like no other I have. They are both smaller and more prolific than any others. I hope the other larger bulbs bloom on and on all winter.

o

Tue, Dec 1, 09 at 11:34

I don't believe I have Miss Ethel... but you did send some wonderful San Remo crosses and Candy Floss crosses. At the time, I don't think Miss Ethel had any babies available.

The San Remo and Candy Floss crosses are doing good... I recently re-potted them, and the bulblets are getting some good size to them! And, Epi radicans is pushing up a new shoot! I think it has finally acclimated to the drier conditions!

No rush on a Miss Ethel baby, Cindee... she can only grow so many offsets each season... and I don't mind at all being on a waiting list! :-)

I've been procrastinating about sending some things to you... I must get a package out! I've got some magazines and some other little surprises...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here