Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID would be appreciated!

Posted by radarcontactlost 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 21, 10 at 17:40

IMG_0031

IMG_0034

My mom saw these at my grandmothers neighbors house in florida and fell in love with them. She got a pair of freebies from her and gave them to me to propagate. We would love to know if anyone has a positive id on this one. Thanks in advance.

Jason

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID would be appreciated!

Hmmm...is it Double Record??
K

o

Wow Jason,

I don't know what they are, but they sure are lovely...lucky you! Take good care of them and good luck propagating them...they look like they could be fragrant...are they?

Donna

o

I agree on Double Record.

The only other one I could think of is Aphrodite but Aphrodite does not produce as much pollen as Double Record. So I think it is Double Record.

It is more beautiful than my Double Record was.

AJ

o

If it is Double Record, it's more beautiful than any other picture of said amaryllis that I've ever seen.....I'd buy one if I thought it would look like that...!

Donna

o

Donna,

The one I got last year was not any where near as beautiful as the one Jason has there. Jason you are one lucky man. :)

AJ

o

All my Double Records bought from the ABCompany turned out to be Aphrodites. Yours are what I was hoping for!

o

DOES IT MATTER. It is beauty.

o

I'm glad you all like them. I was very excited to get them. They are growing beautifully in my greenhouse right now. I have not seen their blooms in person yet only in the pictures my Ma took. I'll post some more tomorrow for your viewing pleasure. I have two almost blooming sized bulbs and I was thinking about chipping one. I'm a little Leary about doing it though since I have never seen any like this before. Talk to u all later thanks for the Id's.

o

• Posted by ryan820 z5b Denver, Colorado (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 22, 10 at 3:05

Jason-- clear these babies to land because they are on FIRE! Good growing, my friend!

Denver Ryan

o

Wow, Isn't it nice to have something everybody else would love to have...before I'd chip one, I'd see if maybe your mother could try to sweet talk your grandmother's neighbor out of one more and then hope for lots of little bulblets!But then, I'm a wimp...Take good care of them and enjoy them....they're beauties...! And do post more pictures, so we can all enjoy them through you....

Donna

o

As promised here are a couple more pictures my ma took.

IMG_0017

IMG_0013

If I get the chips to grow right I will be glad to share! Enjoy the photos!

Jason

o

Jason, that last photo is so stunning and really shows off this beautiful amaryllis.

o

Jason, that's a great bulb. You have a winner there! Nice pictures. Alana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here