Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
musaboru

Order from EasyToGrowBulbs came today!

Dar Sunset Zone 18
14 years ago

WOW! The box was very heavy....I thought I was getting a bunch of rocks. And when I opened it, I was surprised to find very gigantic bulbs. None of my potted amaryllis are even half the size of these.

I got the Sassy Sisters combo, with Madrid and Dancing Queen. I don't think I'll ever buy anything from the big box stores again, my only gripe though was that the Dancing Queen bulb seems to have one scape pushing out already. I wanted to have them bloom for Christmas however, oh well.

But I must give ETGB a thumbs up. I ordered it on Sunday and received it on Tuesday!

{{gwi:436725}}

{{gwi:436726}}

Comments (7)

• e36yellowm3
    14 years ago

Wow - those look like nice bulbs for sure! Looking forward to seeing bloom pictures. Alana

• beachplant
    14 years ago

Good to know! I plan on placing an order with them this week. Nice looking bulbs. I, too, look forward to pics of blooms.
    Tally HO!

• jodik_gw
    14 years ago

Beautiful bulbs... and is that Pokemon I see? My husband watches that sometimes, and my boys were big fans back in the day! :-)

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Of course Alana, I can't wait to share the pics. I love this forum for the many members that share their pictures. So I can't wait to post mines. The Amaryllis forum rocks. :)

Jodik, I had that pikachu for like 9 years already lol. I grew out of it, but this guy is a special memento. :) Gosh, time flies by really quick after high school.

• jodik_gw
    14 years ago

And, time flies faster the older you get! It seems like only yesterday my kids were little... and now, I've got grandkids!

I can't wait to see all those giant bulbs in bloom!

• chazparas
    14 years ago

Musaboru,
    I've been very happy myself with past orders from easy to grow bulbs, their customer service is excellent. As with any orders be sure to inspect the base of the bulbs as well as the neck for signs of infestation and rot. Generally a minor clean up is all that is needed. Be sure to post photos when these babies bloom!
    Chaz

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Chaz, I went to go look and I thought I saw stuff near the base of Dancing Queen where a Narcissus Bulb Fly may be, but it was just the inner bulb bursting out causing the outer layer to rip at the base. I was scared for a minute there. Just the thought of it stresses me out especially how I'm dropping so much cash into the bulbs and might lose them to this pest!

I also received my order from BulbsDirect.com today. I got a regular sized Lady Jane. I used a coupon code and got it along with 20 Tahiti Narcissus for only $19.99 free shipping. Bulbs are decent quality, but it looks like if you order late in the season, it would be worse, especially for the Narcissus bulbs.

Then I went to Armstrongs Garden Center. I felt like I was treated like a third class citizen there, but I just wanted to buy some flower bulbs and a pot then leave. Got another Dancing Queen there for $9.99, I couldn't resist! They had other varieties such as Nagano and White Christmas.

And after that I went to Walmart and got the $5.00 gift box Apple Blossom. I hope this one turns out to be fragrant. I saw the pre-planted Amaryllis bulbs for $7.50 and tried to smell an Apple Blossom just barely opening but I couldn't detect anything there.

What a day.... this was fun and stressful and upsetting (with my experience at Armstrongs), but in the end the Amaryllis will make me happy.

Next ones on my list is Nymph, Siren, and Jovial Joe (from Maguires).

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions