Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lowes not susan - it's lady jane photos

Posted by kaboehm 8b (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 17, 10 at 19:07

I posted this as a reply to my Lowes post...but didn't want it to get lost.

Here's my crumpled Lady Jane from Lowe's last night:
Photobucket

And my original LJ from years ago...year #1, scape #2
Lady Jane 5-10-08

...and to show how different the same bulb can bloom...here's the first scape from LJ! Year #1 scape #1
Lady Jane

...and the SAME BULB blooming in season #2!!
LJ season 2! 3-29-09

What a find at Lowes last night! $2!!
:-)
Kristi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lowes not susan - it's lady jane photos

I can't wait to see mine!!!!! My susan's bulbs are strangely shaped, they've got quite the neck on them, they're not as large as many of the others! It seems like everyone's bulbs are different!

Kristi, beautiful pictures btw

o
RE: lowes not susan - it's lady jane photos

Kristi, what a score! LJ for $2.00. That's one for the record books for sure. I know where I'm heading after work tomorrow. Thanks for the tip. It's also amazing the difference between your LJ blooms from year to year.

Alana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here