Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mi Trentino no es tu Trentino!! and my greenhouse

Posted by kaboehm 8b (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 10, 09 at 19:11

Here's my Trentino...doesn't look like Jan's!! Oh well, pretty nonetheless.
11-10-09

Also, here's the foundation for my little pop-up greenhouse. Yes...it's pretty temporary and slopes a little towards a French drain. I wanted to frame it up, but am worried about putting wood in the ground now...termites!

Photobucket
:-?
K

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mi Trentino no es tu Trentino!! and my greenhouse

Pretty! Is it Bellisimo insteaad?

Holy mackeral...look at that Sago! That is a Sago isn't it? Love the foundation. That is the hardest part right?

-Frank

o

It is pretty - and has lots of blooms coming up. Exciting about the greenhouse; one major piece! Alana

o

Duh...blonde moment, was reading the tag from the pot next to it! It IS Bellisimo!! DUH!

It's a sago I started from a seed...and I still need to level some wobbly pavers (and clean out the pile of "stuff" by the fence!)...but the greenhouse is supposed to pop-up like a tent. We'll see. Best Pal in California said the chore will be getting it back into the bag!
:-)
K

o

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 10, 09 at 21:11

I just love the Hadeco bulbs... Bellisimo es muy bonita!

Awesome foundation! I wonder if it could be framed with a composite material instead of wood? There must be alternatives...

Can't wait to see your greenhouse... and what you put in it!

Kristi, I just re-potted some of the bulblets I grew from your seeds... and, wow! The bulbs under the soil were like large walnuts! I didn't expect them to be so big! They've been growing in the basement under lights since they were germinated!

I am so out of space that I potted them into a hanging basket and hung them up in front of the window! Talk about crowded! :-)

o

Jodi...I have a fiberglass strip that I might put in. Don't want to put anything down that can harbor the termits, just had the house treated a couple of weeks ago.

Yup...recall that some of those seeds were just huge. Glad they are doing well for you. I just threw a few in water a couple of weeks ago and the President Johnson crosses have sprouted. They are hardy!!
K

o

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 11, 09 at 10:21

Up here, Kristi, it's carpenter ants... apparently, they can cause a lot of structural damage if left unchecked. And then, you have your mice, etc... we probably have termites, too. I'm not sure.

Was up all night delivering pups... Maia's got a total of 8! Whew! I'm tired! I can only imagine how she feels!

o

Kristi, girl, that is a beautiful bloomer!! So happy to see it since a sweet lil gal who shall remain Anonymous just sent me one...I am calling it "Bellisimo-Blanca"...tee hee. Dainty flowers-love it, love it!!

o

The bloom IS Bellisimo...I was looking at its neighbor's tag (Trentino that IS blooming now and looks just as it should). AS I SAID>>>>it was a blonde moment!!

Novel is up to 33,000+ words!! WHOO HOO...nearly 2/3 to goal!
K

o

Hi Kristi, How about pressure treated wood for your new greenhouse structure. works well here in okc. You will be wishing for more space in no time flat. I am. So easy to fill those casa verde's up in a flash. sonador

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here