Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

Mi Trentino no es tu Trentino!! and my greenhouse

Here's my Trentino...doesn't look like Jan's!! Oh well, pretty nonetheless.

{{gwi:436877}}

Also, here's the foundation for my little pop-up greenhouse. Yes...it's pretty temporary and slopes a little towards a French drain. I wanted to frame it up, but am worried about putting wood in the ground now...termites!

{{gwi:436878}}

:-?

K

Comments (9)

• frank27603
    14 years ago

Pretty! Is it Bellisimo insteaad?

Holy mackeral...look at that Sago! That is a Sago isn't it? Love the foundation. That is the hardest part right?

-Frank

• e36yellowm3
    14 years ago

It is pretty - and has lots of blooms coming up. Exciting about the greenhouse; one major piece! Alana

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Duh...blonde moment, was reading the tag from the pot next to it! It IS Bellisimo!! DUH!

It's a sago I started from a seed...and I still need to level some wobbly pavers (and clean out the pile of "stuff" by the fence!)...but the greenhouse is supposed to pop-up like a tent. We'll see. Best Pal in California said the chore will be getting it back into the bag!
    :-)
    K

• jodik_gw
    14 years ago

I just love the Hadeco bulbs... Bellisimo es muy bonita!

Awesome foundation! I wonder if it could be framed with a composite material instead of wood? There must be alternatives...

Can't wait to see your greenhouse... and what you put in it!

Kristi, I just re-potted some of the bulblets I grew from your seeds... and, wow! The bulbs under the soil were like large walnuts! I didn't expect them to be so big! They've been growing in the basement under lights since they were germinated!

I am so out of space that I potted them into a hanging basket and hung them up in front of the window! Talk about crowded! :-)

Original Author
    14 years ago

Jodi...I have a fiberglass strip that I might put in. Don't want to put anything down that can harbor the termits, just had the house treated a couple of weeks ago.

Yup...recall that some of those seeds were just huge. Glad they are doing well for you. I just threw a few in water a couple of weeks ago and the President Johnson crosses have sprouted. They are hardy!!
    K

• jodik_gw
    14 years ago

Up here, Kristi, it's carpenter ants... apparently, they can cause a lot of structural damage if left unchecked. And then, you have your mice, etc... we probably have termites, too. I'm not sure.

Was up all night delivering pups... Maia's got a total of 8! Whew! I'm tired! I can only imagine how she feels!

• cindeea
    14 years ago

Kristi, girl, that is a beautiful bloomer!! So happy to see it since a sweet lil gal who shall remain Anonymous just sent me one...I am calling it "Bellisimo-Blanca"...tee hee. Dainty flowers-love it, love it!!

Original Author
    14 years ago

The bloom IS Bellisimo...I was looking at its neighbor's tag (Trentino that IS blooming now and looks just as it should). AS I SAID>>>>it was a blonde moment!!

Novel is up to 33,000+ words!! WHOO HOO...nearly 2/3 to goal!
    K

• sonador
    14 years ago

Hi Kristi, How about pressure treated wood for your new greenhouse structure. works well here in okc. You will be wishing for more space in no time flat. I am. So easy to fill those casa verde's up in a flash. sonador

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company
More Discussions