Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trentino 'n pals

Posted by cindeea 10 Ft Myers (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 30, 10 at 19:19

From John Scheepers: I replaced my rotted Misty Trumpet this fall, and then added Fairy Tale and Trentino. Trentino is really sweet, I would expect a fragrance..so far, no...
From 2010-2011 Amaryllis

That fatso is Fairy Tale with a bun in the oven, or rather On The Side! Then Misty, shooting up a bud, and Trentino showing her bountiful scape.
From 2010-2011 Amaryllis

A bit washed out in the window sun, but 2 Trentino blooms greeted me this evening!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trentino 'n pals

UNFAIR Cindee....I've had Misty for 2 years and she still hasn't bloomed!! Don't you love Fairy Tale?? Can't wait to see your blooms. Many of us had blooms that were subtley different last year...but a great bulb. Please share more!
:-)
Kristi

o

Trentino is fairly busting out of her pot...hope mine is as pretty as yours, another close-up please...

o

Cindee, how big is your "Trentino" bulb? Did you just get it this year?

Josh :)

o

I know Josh, My Trentino is very very small.....hmmmmm

o

I got 3 Trentinos from Scheepers this year and the bulbs were about the size of tennis balls (22/24 cm) or, just a little smaller. Hadeco bulbs that I got from other vendors were golf ball sized (16/18 cm) or smaller. But all of them bloomed with the same number of scapes and 'crazed' intensity of typical Hadeco cultivars. So in my case, size didn't matter.....LOL.

Jim

o

Cindee, I love your Trentino - and can't wait to see Misty pictures! Alana

o

Look at all those bulbs with scapes emerging! You gonna have many blooms to enjoy.

Congrats, Cindee.

Xuan

o

Donna, she is actually not "busting out" but setting atop Perlite in a small vase w/ plastic water bottle bottom to hold a capful of water so the roots reach toward the bottom. She came with crispy-fried dried roots that I removed and 1 fat stubby root. She has already grown 5 new white roots!
From 2010-2011 Amaryllis

Josh
Jim is right-She is a dainty little Amaryllis. Her bottom barely fills the top of a coke can! And her blooms are small and pert. She really is my smallest flower/bulb to date.
From 2010-2011 Amaryllis

(GOD my hands look so old in that photo!!)

She has an etherial, angelic quality in this photo-It's my favorite.

From 2010-2011 Amaryllis

Her green throat is very bold! Her petals slightly curled.

From 2010-2011 Amaryllis

She was definitely worth less than $6 just before they sold out....LUCKY ME!!

o

Beautiful photos Cindee, especially the second to the last..we have to be careful when we take pictures with all these mega-pixels that we keep our ageing body parts out of the picture...believe me, I know all too well..!

Donna

o

Donna...thank GOD I wasn't standing in front of a mirror!!! LOL
Xuan, dear friend, just think of the sweet seeds she can make for you!

Donna and Alana, my Misty before I let her rot when I could not get to her...she is so sweet too, I just wish i had some better photos of her - may she rest in peace!

From Amaryllis

AND...Guess what Fairy Tale is now poking up a bud???? YAY! or what????

o

Cindee, Misty is/was gorgeous, but you've got another right(?) and I'm sure she'll be just as beautiful....and I "think" I've got one too and she'd poking up a bud, kind of strange looking bud rather flat...I just love Fairy Tale, got her in a mislabel, my lucky day...and she's great to do crosses with, both ways...;-)

Donna

o

Donna,

My "Misty" has a very funny shaped scape as well! I'm incredibly excited, two scapes have both popped up, can't wait to see the blooms! I bought two bulbs from two different suppliers hoping I could avoid mislabels :)

o

Cindee, that Misty is gorgeous. I bought 6 last year and every single one of them turned out to be Susans. Sigh. Thanks for the picture!

Alana

o

Cindee, I was inspired by all the beautiful Misty's photos from you guys so that I ordered one for myself from RC this season. And... my bulb's scaping! Yeah!!!

I'm crossing my fingers that my Misty will be a true Misty.

But I can see that your Trentino (?) is gorgeous. I really love that photo of her against the blue sky.

Thanks for sharing.

Xuan

PS: never mind your hand. Who will not be old anyway???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here