Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindeea_gw

who r u? who, who, who who?

cindeea
16 years ago

Ok I thought I'd add a thread here where we can not just talk about who we are but show it. It is so nice to put a face to a name! Here I am in late October when visiting Chicago with granddaughter Christiana.

{{gwi:437081}}

So show me WHO ARE YOU?

Comments (85)

• haxuan
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I'm so glad to meet you, dear friend Jodi. You look so cheerful. Greetings from the other side of the globe!

Xuan

• dizzy77
    16 years ago

Oh I love this!! It's so good to be able to put a name to a face. This was such a good idea!
    Jodik you are right, before this post I only knew what Cindeea looked like.
    Like Maria I realized that I don't have many photos of myself.
    BTW Maria, you and your girls are beatiful.
    Since most of you have posted pics of yourselves with pets and family, I chose this one me and Luke in Thailand last year with the kids. Ha Ha

{{gwi:437093}}

• chazparas
    16 years ago

It really is great putting a face with all the names. You all have been so great on this forum! The most friendly group here I bet. Thanks for making me so welcome.

Cindeea, Thanks for doing this! I'm a student nurse, midlife career change for me 3rd! Livin in sin huh? I understand that !!!!! LOL, I'm married here in MA but unfortunately nowhere else if you get ma drift...

Haxuan - I visited your lovely country years ago when I was a flight attendant, a very short stay. Not enough to really see much but, the people were wonderful, the food excellent, and the flowers just gorgeous.

Maria, I'd be a very ugly woman. The kind that would scare people off! But you never know who you're chatting with on here huh? So when are you going to post a photo of you and not those 3 beautiful daughters?

Beetle, Is Zoe and Akita? I miss having dogs so much. The other half is deadly allergic, I mean trip to hospital allergic to the protien in dog/cat saliva. So no more furry pets for me. Except for rodents for some reason. Had a pet rat that was not a problem, but nothing now, not enough time to devote to a pet and it wouldn't be fair to keep it caged all the time.

Elizabeth, You look just like my sister!!!! and the pets, I know what you mean, they are family.

Liza, I would swear I know you, but I'm sure we haven't met. Great blouse, and I love the sweet peas I grew them for the first time last year. They didn't do all that great but the few flowers I got had a wonderful frangrance. I'll be trying them again. My mother carried a single cattleya orchid surrounded by white sweetpeas as her bridle bouquet back in 1949, I still have a few of the dried sweet pea blossoms, she kept them all those years and when she passed I couldn't let them go.

Anna, I haven't worked in an office in years, you look so happy sitting there you must love what you do. Of course a photo in the garden would have been great!
    Salpal, I thought you were a guy! Hope to see a photo soon!

Ninecrow, what a great smile! is Midlands anywhere near Crawley? When I was a flight attendant we used to layover there. I remember the lovely gardens, so well manicured. Ya'll have a whay with plants across the pond!

jodi, so girl, what's the tatoo? LOL I've got 4! What a great photo, I can just see you sitting by the hipps with a warm cup of cocoa enjoying the view of the cold out doors! LOL, I'm at a point where I can't order anything for mail delivery because of the cold, the wayside shipment I just got will be the last I trust to be left waiting for me after delivery. Of course plants of all types will follow me home I'm sure.

Have I missed anyone!!!!???

My fingers are killing me now from all this typing! Have a wonderful day and happy growing! Heres a flower for you all to enjoy, its a night blooming epihpyllum Oxypetallu-msomething or other! LOL, I have this plant over 20 years now, it was a gift from an older couple who had collected it as a cutting in Puerto Rico many years before. It's kept cold and dry through the winter to encourage these summer blooms. I mean cold! it takes temps down to freezing as long as it's dry. It currently lives in an unheated closet with a huge window, among some succulents and a lot of mess!

{{gwi:437094}}

• chazparas
    16 years ago

Dizzy! What a nice looking couple, and such beautiful kids!!! LOL,
    Nice to meet you!
    Chaz

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

This IS fun! I'm so very glad you started this thread, Cindee!!

I have 5 tattoos, Chaz! And I'd like to get more! It's another addiction! Would you believe I got my first one when I was 30? The one half hidden in the photo is a tattoo depicting my religious beliefs... you can see the partial Celtic knot, done in Rosary beads... what you can't see is the Crucifix and the Indian Medicine Bag that hang from the end of the beads... most of my work is custom. I hate flash... everybody has that! No one else has my tattoos! Larry and I both have our work done by a guy called Laughin' Larry from the Bethlehem, PA area... he's a real artist, and works in other mediums, as well as ink. I must have been going through an early mid-life crisis! I got my navel pierced at age 35, and would have other piercings, but I'm afraid the dogs would snag nails in anything I'd want done, like an eyebrow or a lip! Yup, I'm a little bit "out there", I guess!

By the way, Chaz... I just love that flower! It's so very elegant! Night blooming, you say? Interesting! How do you keep the snake plant from getting dead tips? You live in the north, right? The winter air is so dry... every plant I have seems to get brown tips over winter!

Ninecrow... I'm so not used to seeing Boxers without their ears cut and tails docked! I have no idea why Americans insist on mutilating their animals! It's not necessary! We only dock the tails on Oldes if the kinks are so bad that they will prohibit breeding or interfere with doing their duty, if you get my drift! Nice photo! So nice to meet you!

Hey Dizzy! Great shot! I pictured you as a bit older, not much older, just a bit... glad to meet you!

Lizalily... wonderful picture! So colorful! And what a nice bunch of Sweet Peas! I'll be trying those this next growing season, thanks to Hopflower! I can feel another addiction coming on! LOL!

Elizabeth... I can't wait to see an updated photo of you! The one you chose is just wonderful! It's pretty amazing that most of us growing hippis also have pets! We all must feel the need to nurture living things, no matter what breed or species they are!

I hope I haven't missed anyone... I want to acknowledge each and every one of you! You've all made me feel so welcome here, and have been such a huge help and fountain of knowledge! Without you all, I'd have some pretty sad looking bulbs! I count every one of you as my dear gardening friends, and I'm incredibly glad to have met you all!

• beetle_2007
    16 years ago

Hi all,cindee, you had the best idea! Love everyones pics of themselves and dogs,and kids [big LOL,dizzy!] yes, chaz, Zoe is an Akita, and the most cat lovin dog Iv'e ever seen! She took to both cats of ours, and will even groom them with her 'little front teeth! That flower of yours is Gorgeous!! Does it have a scent?
    This whole thread, just makes my day, its -23 where we live, and seeing all the flowers is so soul satisfying! Hope you all have luck with your ordered bulbs,the Red Lion i bought, is it for me this year (: . its fattining up nicely. have a great day..off to do some Christmas shopping. warmly, beet.

• JaapM
    16 years ago

Here's a pic from me.
    This one was taken - not at home - at our 20th wedding-anniversary.
    I present myself: Jaap, teacher of physics, and CHAD-addict.
    no dogs, but often when at rest with a cat on my lap.

{{gwi:437095}}

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Very nice picture, Jaapm! Nice to "meet" you! I'd have a cat, myself, if I weren't allergic to them! But they make me sneeze, and give me hives! Hehe!

• dizzy77
    16 years ago

Jodik,
    I thought the same of you! By the way you write (so loving and caring) I thought you were older too.

Speaking of peircings and tatoos. Luke and I decided we'd get them too. I got a naval ring and he decided to get a tattoo.
    I went first and let me tell you, NEVER again!!! It hurt soooooo much. Then 5 minutes into Lukes Tattoo he fainted! As you can see in the photo the tattooist didn't get much done. He's been back since and had it finished.
    We are such a couple of wimps!

Looking back on all the photos being posted, all the friendly faces really reflects on how friendly and welcoming this forum is.

Nice to see you all

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Well, Dizzy... no pain, no gain, as they say! Every tattoo I have hurt like the devil when it was being inked in, but I'm so glad I stuck it out! My nephew faints every time he sits down in the tattooist's chair, and we're talking even before the needle hits skin! Just the buzzing of the gun makes him faint! He has a partially finished full back piece, and every single time he sits down and the gun begins buzzing, out go the lights!! It's hilarious! We laugh at him all the time about it!

I'm older than I look, Dizzy... I'll be 48 in February, and I have 2 grandkids and 1 on the way! It's the blonde dye! Hehe!

• chazparas
    16 years ago

Jodi, Beetle,
    The flower is an epiphitic cactus, each flower opens around 2100 and closes just before 0600 lasting only one night, it is heavily scented. Very much like a cross between easter lily and lily of the valley. I had 3 open on one night this past september, I had to close the closet door the scent was so powerful I could not sleep! It is a cloying, sweet scent, more powerful as the night goes on. And if more than one is open in the house you'll wind up with a headache!

Jodi, the snake plant is kept in a pretty cool situation. I don't keep my heat above 60, and in prior homes the same applied. I hate the cold, but hate a high heating bill more! I also keep it pretty dry in the winter, water maybe once a month. It just seems to do well on neglect. Of course now all my tips will brown up! LOL

• cindeea
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jaap!!!!!!!! My old pal! Great to see you! Nice to see your face.

Dizzy, You are totally unexpected! Actually I am not sure what I expected other than some one being older for some reason. So tell me, who do the children take after you or Luke LOL!! What a really cool photo!

Chaz, my night bloomers are blooming too, but I can't get out to see them. I am off my reg meds before surgery so I have to lay low and don't get around my garden much.

• chazparas
    16 years ago

Beet, Jodi,
    If you like the epi remind me in the spring when it's safe to ship and I'll send an unrooted cutting. Not sure how long it would take to flower from a cutting though. Also, the plant gets huge! Up to 8 foot!although I keep mine around 4 foot. Beetle, can I even ship an unrooted cutting to Canada?
    I take one or two cuttings a year and give them to friends, no one keeps a cold enough area to get them to bloom though, I think drops into the 40's for a couple of weeks in winter would do it, but it must be dry.

Cindeea, Again good luck with the surgery, don't let what I wrote scare you, it's just precautions anyone should take.
    Also, When I lived in Coral Gables there was a home that had an epi planted in an avocado tree along with some orchids, I could swear it had hundreds of blooms over quite a long season but I'm sure my memory has exaggerated that. I remember how it perfumed the area around the house, heaven! Also, since your down there in the warmth, are you familiar with Solandra Longiflora, Chalice Vine? another neat plant, I keep mine in a pot up here. It blooms this time of year and is scented at night, another one that can be overpowering though. I'll post a photo when it begins opening.

My other half found my wayside delivery...I'm on a buying moratorium for the rest of the year.
    Soultan, that does not apply to next year. I will be adding to your OZ order!!!! thanks
    Heading to NYC for the weekend, Chat with you all soon,
    Chaz

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Chaz... When the time comes to trim your Epi, I'd be thrilled to try growing a cutting! I think I may have the perfect spot for it... there's an area by my north window that gets rather chilly and dry in winter... Thank you very much for the offer... keep me in mind when the time comes! I'm always game to try new plants!

I'm also very lucky in that my husband lets me get whatever I want, as long as we have the cash... he buys plenty of computer stuff and tools, so when I want plants or garden things, he never says I can't have them... unless the money's just not available...

• blayz
    16 years ago

not sure if this is gonna work or not....lets hope. my mate is the one with all the computer skills here..Im two steps away from useless with that stuff..... These pics show her, our animals and myself (creepy lookin guy in red sweater), capturing various moments in our 'pack'. Without my mate Wyld Black Wolf's support, I wouldn't be talking with you folks, so hats off to Wolf here.

Here is a link that might be useful: some pics of me, my mate and our

• hairy3
    16 years ago

Here you go. Me.Apologies for the pic, I was a little tipsy, England had just got through to the final round of the rugby world cup, and I had bet a friend of mine, that if they had got through to the final I would shave all of my hair off
    {{gwi:437097}}

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Wow! Nice pictures! Good to "meet" you both, Hairy and Blayz!

Blayz... you have quite the furry family, there! I'm allergic to cats, but dogs rule! I love my canine companions, and don't know what I'd do without them! I do like cats, just can't have any without breaking out in hives! Hehe! I know a bit about computer technology, but it's my better half that's the real geek... his tag line is: "God made me simple, Technology made me a god!"
    Nice to see you, Blayz!

Hairy... you aren't so hairy in that shot! Boy, there's a lesson in never make a bet that involves shaving something! :-) Somehow, I can't picture you tending a bunch of flowers... you have that "Go Team!" sport fanatic look about you! Just goes to show how looks can be deceiving! Very good to "meet" you, Hairy!

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Where is everyone else? We're missing a few Hippi fanatics, here! C'mon, people! Don't be shy! If I can post my ugly mug, so can the rest of you!!

You know... other people view you differently than you view yourself... just keep that in mind...

• hairy3
    16 years ago

Jodik, I am afraid you would be very disappointed if you saw the rest of me, certainly not a go team body. I am more of a spectator. Although i have just recently started to run again, after a break of about 20+yrs
    People tend to look at your appearance and then assume what your like, I tend to get comments such as 'you look like a thug' etc etc. Peoples faces are a picture when I show them around the garden. It can get quite funny.
    I was looking forward to seeing what everyone else looked like, I think my pic could have scared them away!!

• hopflower
    16 years ago

Are they saying such things in England now? Never would have some years ago. I don't do it even here.

Take care when running, though. Joint and bone health is at stake, so take it easy.

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Oh, Hairy! It's certainly not your picture that scared some people away! They're just bashful, and perhaps afraid of what others might think of theirs looks, which is silly, because it's what's in the heart and soul that matters... I think you have a very handsome face, and I see honesty, sincerity and a gentleness in your eyes... I, myself, just lost about 40 pounds, after carrying it around for the last 20 or 30 years! I have a huge sweet tooth and very little willpower! I also have Lupus, and losing the weight and having a better diet has helped tremendously! I don't eat a lot of foods I used to... I have completely detoxified my body of all the preservatives and chemicals that are found in fast foods and most packaged edibles. I drink 2 meal replacement shakes a day, with whole milk, and take a handful of vitamins. Snacks are yogurt, fruit and a few other things... My shakes are a diet product from Optimum Nutrition... they have a website, if you're interested in checking them out. No diet has ever worked for me, and I was very skeptical of this stuff, too... but my husband is very learned in nutrition, and got me the shake products... within 6 months, I dropped 35 pounds of fat, and kept all my muscle... I feel a lot better, look a lot better, and I feel better about myself, too!

I sound like a commercial for the stuff! But seriously... I have nothing to gain by talking about their stuff... I do want to share the information, though, because it really works, as long as you don't cheat constantly. I found that 6 days a week of shakes and one day of complete cheating works wonderfully! I didn't do an exercise program, just took 2 Diet Boost Capsules and a shake twice a day.

I'm not a health food nut or a vegan or anything... just someone who was tired of looking at pretty clothes at the store and knowing that my fat butt would not look good wearing them! Their stuff isn't cheap, but it does offset the cost of regular groceries... and if you go through http://www.wholesalesupplementstore.com/optimum-nutrition.html you can get their products for a lot less. Champion Nutrition is another really good product line that we've used. Both have wonderful, well-balanced products.

Ok... enough about dieting! I just get carried away talking about it because I finally lost this weight, and found something that really works to help lose it. Anyway, Hairy, what I was saying before was... first glance impressions can be very deceiving... and I think that anyone who cares for plants the way we all do has to be a very caring and nurturing person. And even though you may have the look of a football player, it's obvious by your posts that there is far more to you than meets the eye! And I would be very smug if I were you, knowing that when you show people your gardens and plants, they are going to be rather confounded by the whole thing! I would love to see the looks on their faces!

And do be sure to add Glucosamine Chondroitin CSA to your diet if you are running... good joint health is important, as Hopflower points out!

Here is a link that might be useful: Optimum Nutrition, Inc.

• hairy3
    16 years ago

Hi Jodik
    Thanks for the tips, I will certainly check it out this weekend. I dont really need to loose a great deal of weight, just a tone up, after years of burning the candle at both ends both as a single man and at college, Im afraid it has taken its toll. I have recently decided, that I needed a new challenge so I have decided to run the great north run half marathon next year. So im busy just getting back into the swing of running at the moment.

I like watching peoples reaction's when they realise I am a plant nut, it's hilarious. They just cannot see that it takes allsorts in this life.
    Right have to go now, out running.
    All we need now is some more pics !! dont you all think?

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Hairy - Even if you don't need the diet products, check out all the products they have for bodybuilders and athletes... with the right vitamin and meal regimen, you could really get in shape and build your muscle and stamina for running!

They have products that help repair the muscles and tendons and ligaments after you run, and keep your joints and bones in top condition... all important when you're using those things and putting the strain on them that running will... they have stuff you take before you run that will keep everything in shape, etc...

My husband always prompts me to take my vitamins and have my shake before I go out to do chores, so that my body won't need repair when I'm done... and so I have the energy I need to do my jobs... if the body is chemically balanced, it operates smoothly and efficiently... just like a well-oiled machine!

We do need more photos... we're missing some people! I also want to re-post my photo when I get better ones taken! I look a lot better in nice clothes and with a bit of makeup to even out my skin tone!

Me, you'd probably expect to be a gardener... unless you saw me out in the gardens in summer, with all my tattoos showing, and my piercings, wearing a Harley-Davidson t-shirt! Then you'd think... wow, biker women garden? Hehe!

• hairy3
    16 years ago

Hi Jodik
    Take some pics of your tattoos then. I love tattoo's, but have always shyed away from getting one done. I think I may need a few drinks to get one done, I am determined to get one though. Dont know what my wife will say though!!

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

If you need a little bit of artificial courage to have a tattoo done, don't go for alcohol! It thins the blood, and tattoos will bleed a tiny bit when being done... which makes it more difficult for the artist, as he will be wiping away more blood if it's thinner... take a painkiller or a valium, instead! If you haven't already had a tattoo done, then choose your artist carefully... check his work, not only on the walls and in books, but ask to see some of his work on other clients! Make sure his studio is sanitary, and that he uses new needles, fresh ink and wears gloves! A tattooist that is an artist foremost is your best shot at getting a realistic piece of work... just a few tips, in case you seriously want to get one...

They do hurt a bit to get... not for everyone, though... some people say it feels like a tiny insect bite, but with lots of insects... others say it doesn't hurt at all.. the outline process never bothers me... it's the shading and coloring that hurt because the needle is going over skin that is already sensitive from having the outline done. The more fat under the skin area, the less it will hurt. I don't regret having any of mine done, and I'd get another in a heartbeat!

I will try to get some pictures taken of some, but I will only email them to you... I don't want my custom work posted anywhere on the net... I'm sure you can understand...

Once you have one done, you will be addicted! Mine all tell the story of who I am... and document my life... that's why I prefer custom work... they are individual to me!

• brigarif Khan
    16 years ago

Hello,
    Here I am with my family on a holidays trip up north.

{{gwi:437098}}

ARIF

• Noni Morrison
    16 years ago

What fun to meet you Arif! We really are an international forum! I love seeing your family all having fun.

I feel like our family is half Korean, as 2 of our daughters are Korean, and then we have a son who is Taiwanese. Not sure the math works out, but I should show you all of us together some time.

• haxuan
    16 years ago

Which one is you Arif? I'm curious, are you among the gents or among the ladies?...

Xuan

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Nice to finally "meet" you, Arif! Wonderful family photo!

We are all adopted, too, Lizalily... I am half Irish and half unknown, my sister is Italian, one brother is German, and my other brother is French Canadian... my Dad was Polish and my Mom was Bohemian... all of my Grandparents were immigrants from the "Old Country"... we grew up with many different foster brothers and sisters! We had a house full of children until the four of us got to be teenagers... then, it was just us four...

I would love to see your family photo, Lizalily!

• chazparas
    16 years ago

Wow, It is so wonderful to be a part of this forum. I almost feel as if I were a flight attendant again! LOL
    Arif, what a lovely family you are part of. I spent a little bit of time in Lahore and Karachi in the early 1990s, I fear I won't travel that far again but one never nows how the winds of our lives will blow.
    Hairy! I get the same reaction from people when I show them around my gardens, or when I get excited about plant talk! I'm a big guy, tattooed and a biker. I know I can be intimidating in person but I'm really a big teddy bear.
    Jodi, Liza, sounds like we may be cut from the same cloth. I'm not adopted but grew up in a home with 2 brothers, 2 sisters 5 of us and my mother and father took in foster children until we were teens. There was always a house full, and love enough for everyone! My ethnic heritage is mainly of italian and french descent with a bit of gypsy thrown in for balance. I've definitely inherited the gypsy ways from my mother.
    Have a wonderful day all.

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Nice to finally "meet" you, Arif! Wonderful family photo!

We are all adopted, too, Lizalily... I am half Irish and half unknown, my sister is Italian, one brother is German, and my other brother is French Canadian... my Dad was Polish and my Mom was Bohemian... all of my Grandparents were immigrants from the "Old Country"... we grew up with many different foster brothers and sisters! We had a house full of children until the four of us got to be teenagers... then, it was just us four...

I would love to see your family photo, Lizalily!

• Noni Morrison
    16 years ago

OK, here we are last year. THis is our basic unit, soon to be joined by Dave's fiance and 8 yr old step daughter...another way of creating family!

The Morrisons (Lizalily's basic family unit)

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:437076}}

• chazparas
    16 years ago

Lizalily,
    What a wonderful photo. Wish I had family photos scanned on here to share. Maybe one day I'll be able to get something.
    I love meeting all of you!

• brigarif Khan
    16 years ago

Haxuan,
    I am the Grand Dady in the centre. The mother of my doughter in law 2nd from left was from Germany.
    ARIF

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Awesome family photo, Lizalily! Thank you for sharing! I don't have a family photo... perhaps we'll take one at Christmas and I can post it then... we're all getting together for dinner at my son's house up north.

• haxuan
    16 years ago

Oh, Grandpa Arif! All this time I thought you were much much younger! You have such great family. I'm glad to "meet" you Grandpa Arif.

Xuan

• cindeea
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Arif! So wonderful to hear from you in so long, and to SEE you!! Thanks for coming by, you have been missed.

Lisa-wonderful family photo!

• lostmermaid
    16 years ago

For some strange reason I decided to look at past posts. I chose page 10 and look what I found.
    I am so glad that I did.

Let me introduce myself, sort of. Like many of you I do not have a single picture of me that is recent. At least a facial shot.

Here is one from the summer at a client/friends garden. She did the design I did the work!
    {{gwi:437099}}

and my son Seth. He turned 8 in December. This is from last summer. He is enjoying our Monarch breeding program.
    {{gwi:437100}}

I will in the next few days have him take a picture of me. Let me at least wash my hair first! :)
    Dana

• chazparas
    16 years ago

Hey there Dana, You look great working in the soil! Wish I could be doing that right now. What a cute son you've got there!

• cindeea
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dana, I am so glad you resurected this post as we have so many new people. Thank you for sharing your hard work with us!! I love the photo of Seth. That is so priceless. What a great shot! It is great to see people after just typed words.

OK come on the rest of you new folks...Who are You?? We'll be watching!

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Nice to "meet" you, Dana... and Seth, too! Wonderful photo of Seth and the butterfly! I, too, am glad this thread has been resurrected, so we can meet all the new amaryllis addicts!

I wish I had gotten some shots of my whole family at Christmas, but I wound up being the one behind the camera, taking all the pictures of the grandkids unwrapping presents, and enjoying their new toys!

It was nice to take a walk down memory lane, since I have no memory, and see everyones smiling faces again! And I'm still jealous of that gorgeous mother-in-laws-tongue you have there, Chaz! What a healthy plant that is! I really must get mine out into some fresh air and sunshine this year!

• liltika
    16 years ago

Hehe...I just took this picture so pardon the red face (it's cold outside) and looking tired :)

{{gwi:437101}}

You can see my 'high tech' indoor garden in the background :P

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

It's a great picture, Liltika! And I love your indoor garden... what do you have started there in the pressed pots, on the shelf above the bulbs? Something good for the outdoor garden?!

It's great to meet all the new additions to the forum!

• liltika
    16 years ago

The top shelf mostly has herbs for cooking (basil, oregano, pepper mint, rosemary, parsley). The poor things are a little behind in the growing since the Blue Spike Muscari and the Dwarf Princess Tulip bulbs for my mom's garden took all the good light. I'd really like to add some chocolate mint to the list as well. It is supposed to smell like Andes mints -- now that's a plant I'd love to have in my office (or anywhere for that matter)!

I'd love to have an outdoor garden, but unfortunately my apartment doesn't include any ground space so all my plants have to live indoors or on the deck. My roommates will only tolerate so many plants out there :) At least they seem to be warming up to the thought of hanging planters with strawberries -- like all college students their weakness is through food LOL.

That reminds me, I better be prepared for making that Zucchini bread they love so much - I have 7 bulbs on the way! I am SO glad they put up with me and my plant addiction :)

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Chocolate mint sounds heavenly! I'm a sucker for chocolate, have a huge sweet tooth, and that's what makes dieting so difficult for me! I just love bakery and chocolate... preferably chocolate bakery! I usually grow some regular mint and also spearmint in the garden, along with oregano, basil, thyme, sage, cilantro, parsley and chives. The herbs are mixed in with the perennials, and the mint usually takes over and requires a drastic cutting back in summer! This spring, I have to dig out some of the oregano... it's overtaking the dianthus and coreopsis, and starting to get in the way of the garage door! Some herbs are just a tad bit invasive!

Good zucchini bread is a great trade off for tolerating a few plants and bulbs! You have lucky roommates! They not only get to enjoy your baking... they also get to enjoy your flowers!

I've heard that species tulips are fabulous for forcing... I may try some next year. I also want to try forcing Lily-Of-The-Valley... now, that would be a wonderful mid-winter pick-me-up with that heavenly scent! This is my first year forcing any bulb, and I've got a nice pot of hyacinths getting bigger every day, just begging to bloom and spread that lovely perfume!

Without my indoor garden, I'd go winter wacky!

• chazparas
    16 years ago

Hey there Liltika!
    Welcome, what a great setup you have there. This is a wonderful group, many of us have years of gardening experience, yet we still learn from one another. Looking forward to photos of your collection as it grows and blooms!
    Chaz

• zubababy
    16 years ago

my external hd died a couple of weeks ago that had my more recent pics on. so i captured this one today.
    {{gwi:437102}}

• cindeea
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey liltika and zubababy. Nice to "see" you gals!! Thanks for joining in!

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Nice to "meet" you, Zubababy! It's great to see all these new faces... and to know that they have the same bulb and gardening obsessions that I do!

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone does outdoors this summer!

• chazparas
    16 years ago

Hey there Zubababy! Welcome to a wonderful forum! Lots of hipp people hang around here!

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor
More Discussions