Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

Tiny orange cutie/beauty rescued from Lowes

This got lost in another thread...or no one cares!! But I do, so I'll share her with you!

Let's look again at the photo that was taken at about 5PM Sunday night:

{{gwi:437301}}

Here it is just 26 hours later!! The one on the far right is opening up to be a very small, beautiful (even if it's upside down) orange bloom. It's not dark red/orange. It's the color of a gorgeous sunset!! The color of the sky when there are just the right amount of puffy clouds and the rays of the sun hit it just right. It's a beautiful color...and I am very glad that I could rescue this little amaryllis from the certain death that awaited it at Lowes.

:-)

{{gwi:426972}}

The photo is slightly fuzzy, but it's more to show the color than anything else. Under the florescent lights she is particularly brilliant. And...those are my 5-month old seedlings in the back...planted in late June. The Jewel crosses and the Limona crosses are doing particularly well.

Here's what my cutie/beauty rescued punk looks like tonight! With some natural light/some artificial the color is still remarkable (to me at least). She is ORANGE! Any guesses as to "What" she is??

{{gwi:426973}}

K

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions