Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ryan820

The Trading Post 2.0

ryan820
14 years ago

Hi All--

My last attempt at running a trading post was soundly thwarted but I have not given up.

So here is a new, automated and fully open-to-everyone trading post that is quite fast, simple and easy to use.

Please click here for the Trading Post form.

Once you fill it out, a confirmation page will present itself with a link at the bottom. This link will direct you to a spreadsheet that will host everyone's trades.

Just a few thoughts to consider:

Please be considerate (especially regarding shipping)

Please make it clear how quickly you can get the trade in the mail.

Please be NICE (no wet blankets!!!!)

This is free and open to everyone (this especially goes out to the few people who felt I was ousting them by some strange thread of logic).

Comments or questions or problems (with this trading post, not about your personal problems you have with me) please post them here. Otherwise, put your trades up!

Ryan

Comments (17)

• jodik_gw
    14 years ago

What a great idea, Ryan! I like the simple, easy to use format!

• frank27603
    14 years ago

I agree Jodi. This rocks! Ryan, you're a genius my friend!

I need to take inventory before I know what to post...I know I know I'm way behind! Sawry!

-Frank

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    14 years ago

Just replying to move you up top!!
    k

• e36yellowm3
    14 years ago

Ah, good! I thought we were done with trades for the season, so glad to see this start back up. Alana

• cindeea
    14 years ago

Ryan-super idea(again) Too bad GW doesn't give us an Exchange Page like other Forums.....

speaking of "trades", "season" etc...is anyone interested in a Holiday gift exchange/secret Santa?? We used to do this on the Florida Forum and it was great fun. And even though I mention it, I am not really sure how to organize it....any ideas??

• ryan820
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Cindeea--

I can arrange the same sign up type of form if you'd like, but without making the actual sign up spreadsheet available-- and then I can randomly send people who signed up the info for their person. Let me know if that would be sufficient.

Ryan

• e36yellowm3
    14 years ago

Sounds like fun (thanks for volunteering, Ryan!). What kinda gifts are sent? Gardening stuff? Alana

• cindeea
    14 years ago

Hi Alana, honey. Yes garden related, or home made stuff, Christmas goodies, coffee, tea, candy. NOTHING expensive. Mostly people bought a bulb or trinket ($5-10 min was set) everything else was just fun stuff, seeds, pass alongs.

• lonewolf_amar
    14 years ago

I think this would a lot of fun...a good way to get to know people you already might not and if nothing else spread a little Christmas spirit.

• ryan820
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok guys... gimme the guidelines. Max cost, deadlines and anything else you think is important to make sure this goes off well.

Ryan

• ryan820
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi guys--

I have the sign up all ready to go...all I need are the specifics-- like max value, deadline for signing up, deadline for sending out and anything else you think is important to put on such a thing.

Here is an EXAMPLE. Please do not actually submit anything on this form-- it will not used.

Ryan

• Noni Morrison
    14 years ago

Oh, the gift exchange would be FUN! My favorite kind of gifts, gardening!

• e36yellowm3
    14 years ago

Yup, I agree - this is a great idea! I'm going shopping :-) Alana

14 years ago

BUMP...Ryan...can you do the Secret Santa thing and in the message title say DO NOT REPLY UNTIL AFTER Nov 30th to keep something at the top!! Then in the message, say that you want to keep this at the top so everyone can see it. Please don't reply.... Everyone should be able to undestand that>>>>othewise, it falls into the depths of our messages!
    :-)

• ryan820
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I could, Kristi, but it is always in vain. Following directions is something that is really difficult for some. :o)

But since you asked so nicely, consider it done.

Ryan

• ryan820
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Please let this thread drift to the bottom.... thank you.

Ryan

14 years ago

Ok...unintentional bump
    K

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996
More Discussions