Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anna_in_quebec

Royal Colors Order

anna_in_quebec
12 years ago

Has anyone received theirs? Mine is 2 days past the date they should have arrived. Yes - I am anxious!

Comments (38)

• bloomingcelery
    12 years ago

Arrived here in Dallas today. Beautiful bulbs.

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    12 years ago

Hope mine arrive in Spring, TX today. It's been 15 days since the email announced their shipment...I always look forward to the RC box (sort of like the 'ol Wells Fargo Wagon bit in "The Music Man")! Early Christmas present for sure!!
    ;-)
    K

• anna_in_quebec
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Very worried now - well over 15 days - and now it's getting very cold - freezing- and I am at work during the day :( Usually DH is here to receive, but he is away. Where are my bulbs!?? :(

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

Have you contacted Paul to check on them?

12 years ago

I did....I didn't get the email that you all got....mine shipped out on the 7th. I'm hoping they'll arrive today or tomorrow.
    K

• hippeastrumadmirer
    12 years ago

So, sorry to hear that Anna, I hope your bulbs arrive and turn out well!

12 years ago

Was hoping that they would come today, but all that arrived was a 1963 Studebaker Avanti....fun story there (a little sad, but fun).

K

• anna_in_quebec
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I just happened to be home today due to back problems and the first snow event of the season: when what to my wondering eyes should appear, but the Canada Post truck indeed very near - in my driveway, bearing - YES - a large box - my babies! Hooray!!! Safe inside, big and beautiful they are indeed. I can sleep well tonight :) The annual panic is now over, until next year!
    {{gwi:438003}}

The box in the back is Orange Souvereign, whose bulb is showing two scapes - and they are very pale/white, but will surely green up soon. It was a gift from someone who went to a fund-raiser (and knew I was feeling poorly) - it pays to broadcast one's hippie obsession!

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    12 years ago

Anna,

Wow! They look great! And just look at all the roots..would you tell us what varieties they are..just curious (nosy) and yes, now you can sleep...

Donna

• anna_in_quebec
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Indeed!

Stargazer
    Estella
    Magnum
    Santiago (a last minute addition, but I cold not resist!)
    Spotlight
    Apricot Parfait
    Purple Rain

My living room window will be a gorgeous sight come late December - into January :)

• haxuan
    12 years ago

Congrats, Anna. Just intime for Christmas isn't it?

Now we can follow your bulbs until they bloom.

• jodik_gw
    12 years ago

Very good, Anna, to hear they arrived! Now you can sleep, no worries, and enjoy the next few months of beauty! :-)

12 years ago

Mine still haven't arrived either. I was hoping they would arrive yesterday (my birthday), but nope....but my JUMBO Rosalie from Blooming Bulbs did...huge and very much asleep (someone's prior post about all their BB having scapes half out and bent...not always true!)...so will pot that up this morning once I get the new recipes in the oven!

HOPE THEY COME TOMORROW!!!
    Kristi

• jodik_gw
    12 years ago

Happy Belated Birthday, Kristi!! :-)

I'm terrible at remembering dates or keeping calenders with dates... but I do hope your Birthday was a nice day!

Every time I've ordered from RC, it's taken quite a while for the box to find its way to my local post office. I would estimate between 20 and 30 days, almost... if memory serves, and it doesn't always.

The very first time I ordered from them, the package got lost, and I ended up having them resend the order. The original box finally showed up with several of the scapes trying to grow and bloom inside the box! Orders from other years arrived on time, but as I said, they do take a while.

I'm surprised they still don't have an expedited shipping option.

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

With shipping plants overseas they can be subject to inspection so extra delays may happen, they must come into select ports and go through on their own time. I've not heard of any expedited shipping options with plants unless you get a broker.

• jodik_gw
    12 years ago

This is one of the reasons that I try to order from within the States if I can... it's just a shame that Royal Colors doesn't have a US outlet for their products.

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

I wish that the US suppliers would sell the bulbs that Royal Colors has and for the prices they do.

• jodik_gw
    12 years ago

Exactly... or at the prices John Scheeper's sells them for! I think they're a few dollars cheaper, and I love a bargain! ;-)

But seriously... it's true that we often get what we pay for, so I don't mind RC's prices so much.

12 years ago

Day 18 and still waiting. I had hoped that I might get a box today...but no.
    Oh...on the forum's home page...allllllll the way down at the bottom, there is a "TODAY'S BIRTHDAY" link, just in case you want to check and see if anyone you know has a birthday today. Jodi...I wouldn't expect that you would know it...only 1 PERSON ON THIS LIST KNEW MY BIRTHDAY!>>>>>my special Hippi pal!!
    ;-)
    Kristi

• jodik_gw
    12 years ago

Forgive me, Kristi... I just don't remember things like that, to be honest. Ever since the accident and head injury, it's a lot of work for me to keep things straight. Belonging to forums, reading, writing, and using the internet helps somewhat, but it's always something I have to work at. I often have to read or skim entire threads from beginning to end each time I post, just to remember what the discussion entails... not always, mind you, but more often than I should have to. And a lot of information I post I've had to go reread before posting, just to refresh myself and ensure it's correct.

When I say that my memory is shot... it's not just age related humor. I wish it were. My memory really is in trouble.

Happy Belated Birthday... and I mean that from the heart... I'm so sorry I didn't remember the Birthday thing from GW. It's my bad. :-(

12 years ago

Jodi, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES...TWICE!!

My prior response and reminder about the birthday icon was not meant as an insult to you...sorry....many people don't know about the birthday "thing" on the forum. I was actually wondering if I could make it through the day without anyone knowing...almost worked!!

I don't know when anyone's birthday on the list is, but I'm going to try and start checking the birthday icon to see if it's one of the regulars. I'll try and be sure to wish them
    birthday wishes.

Sorry you took my comment negatively and felt that an explanation was due. It wasn't meant that way at all!

HUGS!
    Kristi

• jodik_gw
    12 years ago

I probably just hadn't had enough coffee when I responded... I didn't mean to come off like I was insulted, or anything. I just didn't remember if you remembered that I can't remember! Gosh, try saying THAT three times really fast! ;-)

I do try to remember, but special days are tough for me... unless I'm looking right at a marked calender. You didn't have to explain... it's cool. :-)

It would be really neat if GW could find a way to program into our profiles whether we want our Birthdays publicized, and we could check a box of either yea or nay... and then it could pop up next to our name when that date rolled around. That way, if you didn't want anyone to know, it wouldn't show up, and if you did... everyone would get that instant reminder right there, next to a name. It must be possible... everything is with the right coding!

Anyway... no harm, no foul... and it's my fault for making you think anything was negative or required an explanation. I just feel bad that I didn't remember, and didn't remember to check. I wish I could order a new memory along with some bulbs... it's so frustrating, and I know it drives my husband insane... could you imagine someone constantly repeating things, and having to repeat things... and then arguing whether or not the other person actually said something that you should have remembered? Some days, I just agree... just because he probably did tell me something and I forgot.

• Noni Morrison
    12 years ago

Kristi, missed your birthday because I don't get on here everyday anymore but I certainly wish YOU a wonderful new year of your life and hope that you have lots of beautiful flowers and other dreams come true!

Noni

12 years ago

There was a huge MEDIA BAG in my mailbox today. Paul finds the most inventive ways to save on postage. Anyway...22 days, and not worse for wear. All 8 of my baby bulbs were dormant as can be....and they are all potted up and sitting in the greenhouse window. I'm sure I'll have loads of blooms for Christmas!
    YIPEE!!
    K

12 years ago

There you go....

• anna_in_quebec
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yay! I know the feeling - having them arrive safely and all potted up - let the beauty begin! :)

• jodik_gw
    12 years ago

I'm glad they arrived safely, Kristi... you'll certainly enjoy the coming months as they push scapes and bloom!

12 years ago

Here are the 8 new additions!
    {{gwi:438004}}
    K

12 years ago

They look great!! Can't wait to see the pictures when they bloom!!

• jstropic (10a)
    12 years ago

Kristi,

So What did you order? Received my order too!

12 years ago

Just about one of each of the large singles. Steered clear of the reds....and no doubles. I had everything else they offered.
    K

• jodik_gw
    12 years ago

Very nice! Can't wait to see the blooms!

• jstropic (10a)
    12 years ago

Kristi,

Why steer clear of the reds? Not even Grand Diva? lol

12 years ago

With over 200 hybrids, I think I can pick and choose and I have enough reds to choke a horse (they don't fit in to well with my breeding program at this point...I have what I need)...actually I have a few reds I love, like my Bonfire and Benefica...with well....I did get Flamenco Queen and Grand Diva...but Grand Diva is like my Benefica...a dark and lovely Hippi!
    K

• jstropic (10a)
    12 years ago

Kristi,

Was wondering if it was because they were similar. Also wondered if you had bloomed Grand Diva yet(or seen one) as I ordered one too but have seen pictures on the web that show it as a deep deep burgundy and as ...well...red. Hoping for at least a deep burgundy throat..hoping is key here!
    Don't breed because my hippies have some kind of cloning thing going on and I am beginning to give blooming offsets away in the spring (lemon lime is amazing for this) however, that being said...the pictures of that almost black
    black one had me wondering if breeding Grand Diva to something purple (purple rain?) might move in that direction. Please say no, please please discourage me, I really don't need to do this.....but that picture...LOL

• buddyzz
    12 years ago

Hi all,

OMG, look at those pictures above make me want them tooo...Those are very nice bulbs. Please share the pictures when they are blooming. :)

Does anyone know how long does the shipment from RC to Oz? Like how many days usually?

Going to place order with them for Feb/March next year for my friend there.

Anton.

• jodik_gw
    12 years ago

One of my favorite reds is Rapido... the number of actual blooms on each scape was incredible! I believe the first scape had 7, if memory serves... and the second scape contained 5 blooms... or something to that effect. The bulb was from Royal Colors, purchased a few years ago.

Sadly, it was one that succumbed to NBF... but I think it's a worthy red!

I hope everyone has gotten their RC orders!

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

I don't like solid reds, whites, oranges, pinks or any other color for that matter unless they're unusual. Solid colors are easy to come by in the world of Hippeastrum hybrids.

Sponsored
More Discussions