Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
noni_morrison

My Limona

Noni Morrison
14 years ago

{{gwi:439161}}

This one is fun to watch with the pink shadings that develop. More light really brings them out. It is also a good laster.

Comments (17)

• jodik_gw
    14 years ago

One of my favorites! Nice Limona, Lizalily! Yours has great coloration! I love the subtle red streaks... kind of like Exotica, in a way.

• e36yellowm3
    14 years ago

You've captured that one well Lizalily - looks like the rose color was pencilled on. Alana

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    14 years ago

I had to go back and look, but my Limona from last year is pretty nice too! I love the citrus once (Lemon-lime, Lemon Star, and Limona!):

{{gwi:439162}}
    Limona

{{gwi:374338}}
    Lemon-Lime

{{gwi:396378}}
    Lemon Star

:-)
    Kristi

• mariava7
    14 years ago

Moonlight...not as famous as Lemon Lime but sure is a beauty too! I love them all!!!

{{gwi:439163}}

• jodik_gw
    14 years ago

Of those mentioned, I have Limona and Lemon Star, and I love them both! I do have a young Lemon Lime, but it's not mature enough to bloom.

I'm really liking the more trumpet-y shape of Lemon Lime, as shown in Kristi's photo!

And Moonlight has that same wonderful greenish yellow!

It's an intriguing flower color... very eye catching!

• holantina
    14 years ago

Don't you just looove Limona? Yours is looking superb! I didn't know they could have stripes sometimes.

Enjoy those gorgeous flowers, they surely are very long-lasting.

Greetings,

~Lourdes~

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    14 years ago

Lemon-Lime is gorgeous! I have one coming in the mail, and a Lemon Star that hasn't bloomed yet....looks like I have a lot to look forward to! Great Photos!! Epecially that Lemon-Lime Yummy!

Donna

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    14 years ago

Gorgeous flowers everyone!!!

Jan

• Carl
    14 years ago

All four have something special, thanks for showing!

• Noni Morrison
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I think I still love Lemon Lime the best! I had to buy a new one this year just to make sure I had one that would bloom. If by any chance I end up marrying again (Like in my 90's, LOL) I want lemon lime amaryllis for it! (As for now I jsut try to keep the hubby I have healthy :-). But I can SO imagine a Lemon Lime wedding!

Can't you just see a winter wedding with evergreens, cream colored candles and Lemon Lime amaryllis! THink of the choices...royal blue gauze ribbons? Burgundy? Rose pink? And big bowls of massed lemon lime amies!

• jodik_gw
    14 years ago

Lizalily... you know, you could always RENEW your vows... just to have an excuse to to carry a lovely bouquet of Lemon Lime Hippeastrum mixed with... what else would you put into a bouquet with that color?

I'm thinking tiny white/cream roses, English ivy in a darker green, Hydrangea in white fading to greenish and peachy/pink, and... the possibilities are awesome to think about!

• meduse
    14 years ago

ES PRECIOSA TU LIMONA

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    14 years ago

OK...I posted a reply to this earlier today...and it's vanished!

I love Moonlight's yellowish veining!! And Mariava...aren't the RHS color books fun!! The holes are so clever! I love mine. Have offered to loan them to locals.

Kristi

• primeribs
    14 years ago

Nice Pics everyone!! There's just something about those green and yellow hipps.

• rredbbeard
    14 years ago

Lemon-Lime is one of my newbies, waiting patiently in cold storage in the basement, but now I can't wait to get it going!

--Rr

• mariava7
    14 years ago

Hey Kristi! The RHS color chart is so cool! And thank you so much again for informing me about them. It helps so much in my documentation.

• jodik_gw
    14 years ago

The greens and yellows are my absolute favorites, when it comes to color!

It would take me all day to locate the pictures of my Limona in the jumbled mess of my photo album, but it was so lovely! I just adore the greens and yellows!

On the other hand, there really isn't a Hippi I don't like! I can't name one!

Sponsored
More Discussions