Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hippifan

First one blooming

hippifan
12 years ago

A beautiful flower, isn't it? It's just a bulb from the local garden center. I bought it named 'red white' but I think it is a Minerva. What do you think?

{{gwi:440247}}

Comments (5)

• haxuan
    12 years ago

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Xuan

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    12 years ago

Minervas can be variable also, yours is one of the most beautiful I've seen! Lovely photo...

Donna

• hippifan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

This one has red blotch. Can I do something against it, because I would love to keep it until next year.

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    12 years ago

Hippifan,

Beautiful flower! And a very nice photo, too. I'm sure you will get lots of great advice on how to treat red blotch but to get you started, I linked a search for "blotch" below. There is a lot that has been already written that may be helpful.

(Some folks are not even aware that there is a Search function on the forum and may find it helpful.)

Have fun!
    Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Forum Search - 'blotch'

• hippifan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I want to get seed from this amaryllis, but he is now in a cool place. Otherwise the flowers are so fast fadet. (I don't know if it is a correct sentence but anyway :-D) Is it needed for him to be in a warm place to produce seed?

And can Red Blotch fly from 1 side of the room to another amaryllis at the other side of the room?

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
More Discussions