Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No idea of the ID, white with red eye inside

Posted by fishing-dentist (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 22, 10 at 7:14

Hello You all!
I have a problem, to identificate a amaryllis, i did buy last week in the gardenmarket!
Yes i did! I did buy an amaryllis this year. I know i dont wanted to do this and i am bad! :-)

Unknown

It looks a little like a Jewel in single- version!
Bytheway the stock in the markets is very poor this year. Only common white, red, pink and just this small precious whitie!
Thanks for all the comments, they come and maybe somebody of You have an idea, what it is.
Best regards

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No idea of the ID, white with red eye inside

WOW I have never seen a throat with red and yellow against fresh white. It sure is pretty, fishing-dentist!

o

Hi Frank, Take a look at the posted pictures of Jewel further up on the page...I think that's what you have, many have singles I'm lucky enough to have a double. Is your fragrant...?

Donna

o

Frank,

I agree with Donna, my "Jewel" has the same red eye in a greenish yellow throat! Mine is a single as well, I've heard that they bloom single quite a bit, I am noticing the other blooms seem to be semi-double! Is it trumpet shaped?

o

Yes it is a really nice trumpet!
Like You see this flower is still going, but the new one has a nice trumpet shape.
I wonder that all the flowers bloom one by one at the stalk!
Thats not common.
I did think, Jewel is normally a double. For that i am a bit confused!
My 2 other bulbs bring only double flowers.
Best regards

o

Frank,

Maybe you do have something different, I wouldn't say that my Jewel is a trumpet, so maybe it isn't Jewel...?

Donna

o

Donna,

My "Jewel" is a semi-trumpet, I wonder if this is more prevalent in the singles?

Hippeastrum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here