Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haxuan

Is Edenblooms reliable in terms of labels?

haxuan
12 years ago

I have placed an order with Eden Blooms. I wonder if their bulbs are correctly labelled.

What's your experience with them? I hope they are reliale.

Xuan

Comments (24)

• jackie_o
    12 years ago

After seeing the post about their sale, I called to ask a question about Snow White. I've been wanting that one and was excited to see it on their list, but it was not anywhere I could order it on the site.

The gentleman who answered said the Snow White bulbs had been mixed in with some others and that's why they weren't on the website. I thought that was a really good sign, that he wasn't just selling them if there was any question about them.

I ordered two bulbs. Garden Watchdog has only positive reviews. Hope that helps.

Jackie

• berkeleysgr8
    12 years ago

I've only ordered from them once, but I had a good experience with them. I like that they offer free shipping and free bulbs for orders over a certain dollar amount, too!

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

They still haven't received their Dutch bulbs yet and it's almost Jan. Well according to their website anyways.

• SummerPerson
    12 years ago

I ordered some bulbs from Edensblooms when it was advertised on their web site that their Dutch bulbs would be in late October or November. I guess, I'm just going to keep waiting for the bulbs. Those were the bulbs that I was wanting.

I've learned, that if the bulbs are not already in stock, do not order.

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

It is absolutely insane to have to wait into Jan. for bulbs that were supposed to be there in October. They have not met their end up the bargain, I'd ask for a refund so you can buy your bulbs somewhere else.

• SummerPerson
    12 years ago

I emailed Edensblooms and they emailed back that their Dutch bulbs are supposed to be in tomorrow morning--referring to Friday, December 30. The bulbs I ordered are getting closer. I imagine they have a lot of packing and shipping to do.

Anyway, if you want any Dutch bulbs, you might want to email them to double check they have them or wait until it shows on their web site that the Dutch bulbs are indeed in stock.

• jackie_o
    12 years ago

I never got any kind of confirmation on my order and I didn't get an answer to my email question (that's why I called). Anybody else get an order confirmation??

• jackie_o
    12 years ago

Never mind. I put my order number in the tracking field and it's in progress.

• SummerPerson
    12 years ago

Right after I placed the order, I received an email back from Edensblooms confirming my order. (This was in mid October.)

This week I emailed them to check on if the Dutch bulbs have arrived. It took two days to get an answer back. I've emailed them before about stuff, and they've always answered back.

I think they are a good company, are hard workers, and have a good reputation, but something happened to delay their Dutch bulbs.

• haxuan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Phew... thank you very much for all the feedback re Eden Blooms.

I also got an email confirmation right after I placed the order. Now I'm waiting for the bulbs to arrive at my daughter's address in RI.

Hope all is well.

And Happy New Year to all my amaryllis friends across the pond.

Xuan

• seaj
    12 years ago

I placed my first order yesterday so I'll find out what the blooms look like in a few weeks. I'm really looking forward to the gervase, temptation, and the papilio so I hope they get those ones right. They offer free shipping and free bulbs when you spend $50 so of course I had to take advantage of that. It might take them a while to ship out the order though since they just their Dutch bulbs in, but I'm in no rush.

• dragonstone
    12 years ago

I ordered Green Dragon Amaryllis in honor of year of the dragon and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. I figured it was safe to make an order at this time of year seeing as how Winter doesn't seem to exist in my area right now (very odd). It says on the site that they had already bloomed so I probably wouldn't know what it truly is until next year? But five bucks for a bulb isn't so bad.

• seaj
    12 years ago

Dragonstone, our winter is really warm right now too. Must be in the 70's right now and still no rain in the past 6 weeks. I really wanted Green Dragon, but chose Lemon Sorbet instead. I would love to see a picture of yours if you end up getting any blooms.

• dragonstone
    12 years ago

Seaj - Hopefully they can send me one that'll bloom this year. If they do, I'll post the results :)

• seaj
    12 years ago

I have one mislabel so far. My Gervase is green!!! Any ideas?
    {{gwi:381024}}

Otherwise, Joker, Lemon Sorbet, and Temptation have bloomed true to name. It looks like Red Lion, Benfica, and Royal Velvet also have correct labels, though I'll have to see the actual blooms first to be certain. I'm sure that the papilio is in fact papilio due to the fact that is has skinny leaves. Still no scape from Orange Sovereign, though it has 9 long leaves already. I'm waiting for the Alfresco that they forgot to ship me still, so maybe it was a good thing they still haven't sent it out. Now they can send it together with a real Gervase because even though the green hipp is awesome, I really want a Gervase.

Jared

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

Jared,

I think your plant is 'Limona' :)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    12 years ago

Well, I'm I'm not so it's Limona perhaps a bit too green..

Limona

{{gwi:441045}}

and it can be lighter

{{gwi:441046}}

just my opinion of course..but whatever it is, it's pretty..

• haxuan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Donna: looking at photo of your Limona... I realize my bloom (below) might have a trace of it as Mother???

What do you think? Could it be Limona x Dancing queen???

{{gwi:441047}}

{{gwi:380816}}

Re mis-labeled from Edensblooms, we've got one: Double record was not right; instead it was Dancing queen.

Xuan

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

Donna,

I compared it to my 'Limona' that was ID'd by Bill (emaryllis). It doesn't have the red eye that yours does tho.

{{gwi:441048}}

12 years ago

Josh, I looked at my pictures from the following year and they weren't nearly as beautiful as the first year. The flowers were much paler, smaller and no red in the throat. Seems that they can be very variable..probably due to the usual factors. Seems that I remember someone else posted a very frilly picture of Limona (who was it) so I guess that they can be very different. That said, I'm still not sure that Jared's flower is Limon.. but, I suppose it could be...

Donna

Same Limona the following year...

{{gwi:441049}}

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

Donna,

I don't know if my flower or Jared's is 'Limona'.. Do you think mine is? There is no red eye?

Jared, there aren't many greens, I'm not sure what yours is :(

• pupu999
    12 years ago

I think Jared's is Luna, if the flower size more than 15cm.
    By the way, I bought Gervase and Luna at the same time.....so they might be mixed up?

12 years ago

Well Josh, I'm not sure..even my pale one without the red in the throat has the markings on the sides of the throat..I don't detect any at all in yours, but do I see some streaking in the upper right petal? I guess we'll have to google Limona and look for more pictures from the search box to see whether or not most of them have either the red (albeit faint) eye or the markings in the throat...

Xuan, as for your flower, I really couldn't venture a guess..your markings appear to be more orangey (Dancing Queen ) so anything is possible. Is this from seeds from Ann(?) did she send you any other crosses with Limona that you know of?

Donna

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    12 years ago

My beautiful Limonas always had much more color that the original yellow/green bloom posted at the front of this thread. They look much more like Donna's and get even more color with a cooler winter.

I think it looks like Lemon Star or similar.

BTW, Emaryllis.com describes the bloom this way "'Limona' is a creamy green with uneven markings of salmon, even right out onto the pistil...." and "Grown in full sun, 'Limona' can possess enough of the salmon marking to become almost comely..."

Sponsored
More Discussions