Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mosaic pattern on scape

Posted by kaboehm 8b (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 4, 11 at 9:15

This just looks a little suspicious to me. On Apple Blosson from HD. Thoughts?
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mosaic pattern on scape

Kristi,

I couldn't say for sure but, it does look suspicious. Are there still flowers on the stalk or has the scape already started to decay? In any case, guess you'll probably have to move it into quarantine with "the others". I hope it's not your Apple Blossom with the "fancy stigma" that caused such an uproar last year....;-)

Donna

o

No...this is a new AB...bought in a bag from HD....!
I had forgotten about THAT "uproar". There have been so many...my Queen of Hearts that "wasn't", etc.

Cold front moving through today. Temps have dropped nearly 10 degrees in last hour. I "inventoried" my GH yesterday, noting the location (by shelf number) of each hybrid. Didn't really take that long and will help me keep tabs on the more "precious" ones. Also put flags (on bamboo skewers) on the ones that looked like they need to have a little more attention this winter. Great fun. But...I am definitely outgrowing this little 6x6 GH. ARG! Looks like 2012 is the year for the real deal!

k

o

Well, I hope you DO get the real deal in 2012! Then you can keep the one you use now for the quarantine station..I'm sure we'll all be adding to "that" collection this year. Of the 23 bulbs that I acquired this season,(so far) I don't doubt that a few of them will show the signs of virus...I don't worry so much about mislabels anymore though...

I just can't believe the size of some of the buds that are popping out of some of these new super-sized bulbs this year..my newly purchased Nymph has a bud that is 1 +3/4'wide and some others look to be just as large!! I still think they did something very different this year with the cultivation of these bulbs..now if they are healthy, what a year this will be!!!

Donna

o

I love Nymph. I think I have Sweet, Red, Pink, and "normal". I think I saw a "White Nymph" without the red lines of the regular Nymph. That is still one of my favorite photos...it looks like a wedding bouquet! All 4 blooms opened at once. It was PERFECTION!
:-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here