Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

Another Ebay seller using a different picture of mine again...

Well, here is another of my pictures being used on EBay..the first was Clown last year, and Clown even had my name on it! This one doesn't. Maybe I can get a free bulb for the use of the picture? I know you're all not (if any) going to agree with me but, I'm not going to loose any sleep over it... Nice picture huh?

Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: Blossom Peacock

Comments (14)

• SummerPerson
    12 years ago

It is a very good picture of your flower. It should definitely help him sell his bulb. He knows a good picture when he sees one. I would try for the free bulb for the use of your picture. (I can't believe they just pick a picture off the Internet and just use it--without asking permission.)

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

Donna,

You better ask him for a free bulb!!!!

I wouldn't care if my pictures were used if they had any manners of at least asking first!

Beautiful picture by the way, it's gorgeous!

• blancawing
    12 years ago

Hi Donna,

You captured the gorgeous Miyake bred Blossom Peacock splendidly. At least Mr. Sodak can't steal the wonderful scent produced by your flowers.

Hugs,

Blanca

• e36yellowm3
    12 years ago

Donna, that is a great bloom on your Blossom Peacock. (BP is one of my first and still favorites!) Where'd he find your picture from? Linked from here on GW or did he get it directly from Picasa? Do you know?

Alana

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Alana, Actually, I don't know for sure, but it must have come through Picasa as I have it in several albums. It may have come through GW but, I doubt it as I hadn't posted that particular picture in about 2 years..I still have family of that original bulb, the mother bulb (that particular one) got lost to the NBF and I have given some bulblets away, but as we all know BP is very prolific and I still have two smaller adult bulbs, but the blooms never equaled that first time when 2 scapes.. with 4 flowers each.. came out simultaneously...:-)

Donna

• e36yellowm3
    12 years ago

Nothing like when two scapes come out simultaneously! It's something I've never been able to have happen with my rebloomers - only the purchased ones. It's like they are in a hurry to bloom when you get them from a grower.

Original Author
    12 years ago

Me too.. Never with the re-bloomers just the newly purchased bulbs.. most of the time. Luckily I was really bad this season and I have 20ish new bulbs all sprouting scapes..many with two scapes simultaneously once again.. can't wait!!

• TigerFox
    11 years ago

Dear Donna
    Did you finally received compensation from the ebay seller give you Hippeastrum bulbs yet?

Cherrs
    Tiger

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Tiger,

No, and I wasn't really expecting anything. The picture has been changed.. the one that currently is showing is not mine..this is the one that they originally posted..there are three of them that are similar. This bloom was from a new bulb and it never looked quite as lovely again..although Blossom Peacock is still plugging along producing offsets along the way...but never 2 stalks blooming simultaneously again...

I've had several pictures "used" on various website as have several others on this forum..Just the other day I found a website that is using Josh's Ruby Star and my Opal Star...!

Donna

Original Author
    11 years ago

I just tried the Image file box since I was only going to upload one picture.. it failed. Here is the picture I intended to show you...this was taken in 2008 I still have offsets from the original bulb that was eaten by the Narcissus Bulb Fly..

{{gwi:423815}}

• joshy46013
    11 years ago

Donna,

Is someone using my Ruby Star again? Uggh

Original Author
    11 years ago

Josh, I also think I've seen your picture of Ruby Star on EBay recently..when I have time I'll see if I can remember the website that uses both of our pictures...

Don't I remember that you gave someone permission to use your Ruby Star photo or am I remembering incorrectly...

I just refuse to get all upset about this again..

Donna

• blancawing
    11 years ago

Dear Donna and Josh,

Here is the contact info for the company that is using your photos along with a link to the site.

Kind regards,

Blanca

eGardenSeed.com

Mailing Address:
    P.O. Box 912
    Lafayette, Colorado 80026

Email: Jessica@eGardenSeed.com

Telephone: (707) 733-3710

Here is a link that might be useful: Donna's Opal Star & Josh's Ruby Star

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews