Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

Tres Chic

My new H. Tres Chic is blooming. It has 7 blooms. (3 are open and 4 are buds). Is that common?
K

Comments (7)

• macroclemys
    10 years ago

I think it is. This is on my wish list, but have already bought too many bulbs this year. I think it is supposed to produce up to 8 flowers. Please post a photo. Is the red band as sharp as the promotional photos show?

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Tres Chic can and usually does produce many more than the usual 4 flowers.

The first year I bought one it was gorgeous but the next year there were fewer flowers but still pretty; then it started to shrink. So last year I bought another.. or so I thought.. and ended up with the ubiquitous Lily Star. (again) MIne is down to the size of a golf ball. For me it was fussy.

Here's mine from a couple of years ago and you can see the red is striking with the white and green center with it's red eye.

Kristi is probably waiting for all 7 flowers to open!

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am working from my phone and Kindle, so photo would likely be sideways, which upsets some. Donna...if you want to post the photo I sent you, that would work, otherwise I'll try and post tonight.

Yes. I think the color is very intense.
    K

Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's my bloom...3 open and 4 more coming. Brilliant red!
    K

• macroclemys
    10 years ago

Thanks Donna and Kristi. It is so tempting...

Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm not a fan of red. They have to have a special quality...I am pleased with this bulb.
    K

• macroclemys
    10 years ago

Well, one benefit of your not liking red is that it must greatly reduce the cultivars to choose among when ordering bulbs. I can say the same about the pale pinks.

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County
More Discussions