Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amaryllisstudygroup

Nehrling Gardens Amaryllis Celebration 2d Annual, FL

On December 13, Saturday from 10am to 4pm historic Nehrling Gardens is again celebrating Amaryllis at their annual Holiday Festival.For information and activities go to info@nehrlinggardens.org
Ph.# 407-445-9977 : for your gps the address is 2267 Hempel Av., Gotha, FL.
This is the old German settlement about 20 minutes west of Orlando. The Society has restored the house he built in 1878 and his addition. There is one of the original glass houses that I hope they can find the money to restore. The place was empty for about 80 years and untreated wood structures do not survive in Florida if not occupied. Visit every 1 to 2 years to see what a committed group of people will do. As a Florida resident you may want to note their hands on teaching projects for situations that likely will come up.
Any interst in a display table of your blooming amaryllis ?

Comments (5)

• haweha
    9 years ago

Did you already invite this guy, his name just defies me for a reason? He performed successful research on the reliable induction of the Phaenomenon of "Continuous Blooming", by applying the Eutecticum of Plutonium-Osmiumtetroxid, collected from Bulbs and Roses, in a nanoparticular matrix of Spotted Nitrogen in the Plasma of Osmotic Fog, covered by a crispy wrapper of highly-aromatic Dark-Chokolate, and his results are truly astounding! xD

This post was edited by haweha on Wed, Dec 10, 14 at 5:26

• amaryllisstudygroup
    Original Author
    9 years ago

One of your instructors Hans-Werner ?

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    9 years ago

Ok guys.... this must be where the H. Jewel came from! I always thought it was chocolate-scented!

Bill, are you going to bring some of your amaryllis? Public awareness is a good thing. I'm working locally to encourage gardeners to use amaryllis in their landscaping.

I'm afraid I couldn't incorporate chocolate into my spotted nitrogen application via osmotic fog. I'd eat it all! I would be willing to research differences produced between US, Belgian, Swiss, Mexican, Spanish, German, French, UK, Italian and Danish chocolate!! I'd also be willing to test other countries' fine products...just send them along and I'll find a way to test them...one for the plants, one for me!

K
    (Laughing a little)

This post was edited by kaboehm on Fri, Dec 5, 14 at 8:59

• amaryllisstudygroup
    Original Author
    9 years ago

K Corp. Chocolate Research It Is What We Do
    Hi, Nothing in bloom from me probably. Only unusual bulbs, Techniques. Have I ever mentioned the fast way to grow an amaryllis knee hedge in FL? Difficult year healthwise.

Nehrling Gardens will have plants, bulbs, also Bromeliads, gloriosa, etc/ Nehrling was a major introducer of plant materials. Edison and Ford induced him to open a second nursery in Naples to help them acquire their collections.

Say Hi if you visit. Propose a blooming plant display from amaryllis lovers at next year's festival. Want to run a bulb swap table...?
    Fun Education. Sharing information=First goal of the Amaryllis Study Group a dozen years ago. Meetings at the county Ag Center for 6 years. Planted hippeastrum bulbs for my first wife 36 years ago. Come help Celebrate. Bring kids for pics with the Clauses. Tour the gardens.

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    9 years ago

What...only KNEE HIGH!? In TX (where everything is bigger) they are chest high. Seriously, I was cutting back 3 and 4-foot long leaves! I have an automatic watering system, and the fertilizer/systemic insect control is a good way for me to go!

The Christmas season has me a bit busy, so the 13th won't be find me in FL. I am extremely cautious about swapping bulbs due to MV...

Sounds like a great event though. THANKS for posting well in advance...not the usual 24 hours!
    ;-)
    K

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists