Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
One more Chico

Posted by houstonpat 9a (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 12, 09 at 11:33

The bulb produced 2 scapes, so I though I'd post a follow up. I hope I'll see 6 blooms / scape next year.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: One more Chico

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 12, 09 at 12:02

I love the spidery look of the cybisters! Very nice Chico, Pat! Lots of very cool petals!

o

Very nice!
Tally HO!

o

Gorgeous!!!

o

Chico is one of my favs and closest to the species. cybister, this is a nice one, Pat!

o

• Posted by taz56 z8 Ga. (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 12, 09 at 17:55

Awesome!
Susan

o

Its frighteningly beautiful! @@

o

Very nice! I have Chico for the first time this year,keeping fingers crossed it's that nice. Lora

o

Pat, Chico is beautiful.

I still have my fingers crossed for the rest of your bulbs that endured the hard freeze.

G

o

Thanks y'all for the nice comments. Today I'll be transplanting H. papilios into a 24 x 24 x24 redwood box in Orchid Mix. We'll see how it goes.

o

CHICO-CHICO-CHICO,Yea rah rah rah. This is a must have. Second scape here went to 31" and opened all four blooms within a day of each other. Everyone who sees it, Says what a beautiful orchid. LOL!! Great pics, hope the freeze didn't do too much damage. Sonador

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here