Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

'Evergreen' & 'Sweet Nymph' again..

Hi,

I have two more bulbs blooming from my heist at the nearby nursery. The Evergreen is astounding and I absolutely love it!! It has 7 flowers on the first scape although I don't know if they all come out together before the first starts to deteriorate..do they? Anyway, I just love it!

The second one was bought as "Pink" Nymph..I think from pictures I've seen of Pink Nymph that it is a darker pink double. Well, anyway I got "Sweet" Nymph instead..went through #&!! last year to get one and now I get one in a mislabel the very next year!! Someone must be flooding the market with these..at first I though it might be the ubiquitous Lady Jane that pops up everywhere. I do like the color of Sweet Nymph, but the flower does leave a bit to be desired..very messy and with all those filaments with pollen sticking out here and there willy-nilly..not the best double..they should have left this one on the drawing board a bit longer..(IMHO) I still have the one from last year and it's doing fine, maybe when it flowers again it will be a bit more refined..but as I say, the color is great!

Here they are:

{{gwi:443969}}

looks like an explosion went off (didn't dare to use the "B" word)

{{gwi:443971}}

{{gwi:443972}}

{{gwi:443973}}

{{gwi:443974}}

Guess I won't have to worry about anyone "stealing" my Sweet Nymph pictures will I...Thanks for looking,

Oh and by the way, I bought two Pink Nymphs from two different distributors at this nursery..both bulbs looked entirely different so that's why I took the chance and bought them both..so all is not lost yet...

Donna

Comments (12)

Sponsored
More Discussions