Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Evergreen' & 'Sweet Nymph' again..

Posted by dondeldux 6b (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 30, 11 at 12:05

Hi,
I have two more bulbs blooming from my heist at the nearby nursery. The Evergreen is astounding and I absolutely love it!! It has 7 flowers on the first scape although I don't know if they all come out together before the first starts to deteriorate..do they? Anyway, I just love it!

The second one was bought as "Pink" Nymph..I think from pictures I've seen of Pink Nymph that it is a darker pink double. Well, anyway I got "Sweet" Nymph instead..went through #&!! last year to get one and now I get one in a mislabel the very next year!! Someone must be flooding the market with these..at first I though it might be the ubiquitous Lady Jane that pops up everywhere. I do like the color of Sweet Nymph, but the flower does leave a bit to be desired..very messy and with all those filaments with pollen sticking out here and there willy-nilly..not the best double..they should have left this one on the drawing board a bit longer..(IMHO) I still have the one from last year and it's doing fine, maybe when it flowers again it will be a bit more refined..but as I say, the color is great!
Here they are:

looks like an explosion went off (didn't dare to use the "B" word)

Guess I won't have to worry about anyone "stealing" my Sweet Nymph pictures will I...Thanks for looking,

Oh and by the way, I bought two Pink Nymphs from two different distributors at this nursery..both bulbs looked entirely different so that's why I took the chance and bought them both..so all is not lost yet...

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Evergreen' & 'Sweet Nymph' again.......

I just had to add.. looking at those pictures again, poor Evergreen standing tall and proud..standing next to his messy girlfriend who forgot to comb her hair this morning.....

o
RE: 'Evergreen' & 'Sweet Nymph' again..

Ya know....Sweet Nymph was fantastic in Holland....! I know that they select their best blooms for the show, but they apparently misrepresented the bulb altogether!

Let's see how ours repeat in the spring.
:-)
K

o

She is a mess, huh? It seems that SN never looks good..

I just googled her, the only pictures that she doesn't look crazy in is the pictures used to sell her. Maybe she gets better as she gets older?

o

Now come on Josh...she was radiant in the first photos I posted of her from the show in Holland...everyone drooled over those!! Hey...wonder if they plucked the "stray" anthers...that would explain part of it.
:-p
K Sweet Nymph, Sweet Nymph
Sweet Nymph, Sweet Nymph

Here's another little mini to make listers drool...not yet being sold (NOT FAIR!!):
SB 4014, 4014

o

Adorable pink Minis! I WANT!

o

I still think she looks messy in those pics but NOT as messy ;) I'm just not happy with her, I think the coloring is incredible and that must be why they sell her.

o

Beautiful blooms, Donna. Thanks for sharing.

I love both Evergreen and Sweet nymph. They are breathtaking.

Xuan

o

Ooooh! I have an "Evergreen" about to bloom! Picture shortly!

o

If you haven't yet bloomed an Evergreen as I hadn't you're just gonna love her!!

She's the same color as a Honeydew melon!!

This is the last picture I will bore you with, I just pulled off all her pollen and dabbed a little on..

Donna

o

Donna, all the pictures of Amaryllis flowers that you have posted are beautiful.

o

I loved my Evergreen too. So glad that it is still around.Your comparison with the Honeydew melon is great!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Kristi

o

Dear Donna
Your vision is very good,'Evergreen' & 'Sweet Nymph' are blooming gorgeous beautiful!!!

Best regards for you
Tiger

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here