Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ratatouille vs Cappuccino

Posted by dondeldux 6b (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 1, 11 at 12:07

Hi,

Does anyone know if Ratatouille from B.V (who is that) will be available in the near future. I've seen this picture that is from the B.V. website and I think it is beautiful! Now, please don't tell me that Cappuccino and Ratatouille are the same..they didn't look the same to me so I passed up the Cappuccino when it was offered on Ebay..please tell me they are different flowers..! I would really really love to have one fo these!!

Thanks,

Donna

This is Cappuccio from the B.V. website..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ratatouille vs Cappuccino mixed them up

I labeled that INCORECTLY!! (stupid girl that I am) The picture is Ratatouille :-((

o
RE: Ratatouille vs Cappuccino

What BV website are you referring to??
K

o

Well, on Emarillis.com on the etc. @ the top of the page it takes you to sites overseas..5th one down..

o

Donna,

They are very different cultivars!

'Cappuccino' I believe is actually 'Mocca' which is a Leo Berbee hybrid that has been used for cutflowers for quite some time. I suspected this and researched a bit and found the pictures matched.

'Ratatouille' is from B.V. which has produced the Hippeastrum from the "Hardy" series such as 'Swan Lake', 'Candy', 'Balentino', 'Flamingo' and several others. 'Ratatouille' is still not in commercial production; B.V. Breeding I noticed sells the rights to many of their hybrids such as a few Hadeco productions.

Josh

o

Josh,

Thank you for the information..I thought I had missed the boat by not buying Cappuccino as lovely as it is, my heart belongs to Ratatouille..would really love to get my hands on one of those...don't you just love it?!? Thanks again,

Donna

o

I assume that both have H.papilio as one parent.

o

Well, It certainly appears that Ratatouille does..just look at all those undulating curves..you can almost see her swaying in the greenhouse breeze... ;-)

o

Just posting a follow-up on this. BV is hesitant to offer this hybrid for sale until they can prove its performance. At present it is hesitant to send up a second scape, and as you know, most bulbs are sold with the promise of 2 scapes.

I think it's lovely too...hmmm.
Kristi

o

I for one, would love to have a couple of these bulbs. We all struggle to get papilio to bloom and that certainly doesn't stop any of us...How many of you out there would buy one or more of these bulbs with the promise of only one scape?

The list is quite long of bulbs I have purchased over the years that only put up one scape at the first blooming and, some reluctantly at that!

Donna

o

BV offered to send me a few bulbs in the past but since I lived outside of Europe they said they weren't able to due to cost.

Maybe if someone offers to pay for the shipping (phyto) they'd send them over?

o

I think if we could get an idea how many people were interested in the bulb, and know if they'd be willing to split costs for phyto certificate and shipping, we might be able to arrange something with BV.

Josh, do you have an import license? Thinking you do for your species imports...

K

PS...welcome back!

o

Kristi,

I do not have an import license, most of my stuff comes in the country through a friend who arranges it all.

BV seems very generous and I'm sure they'd be willing to send things over!

Thanks Kristi, I missed you guys ;)

o

A bit small, flower diameter 9cm, approx. 3,5 in (according to B.V. Breeding). Very delicious though...

o

wow...that's pretty small!!
Thanks Lena!
Kristi

o

That is about the size that my Tinkerbell was!!

o

hence the name....T i n k e r b e l l !!!
Seems like it would be larger from the photo!!
Well...close up shots do make things look bigger, especially with a "busy" background!
Guess we'll just have to wait....
K

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here