Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

Ratatouille vs Cappuccino

Hi,

Does anyone know if Ratatouille from B.V (who is that) will be available in the near future. I've seen this picture that is from the B.V. website and I think it is beautiful! Now, please don't tell me that Cappuccino and Ratatouille are the same..they didn't look the same to me so I passed up the Cappuccino when it was offered on Ebay..please tell me they are different flowers..! I would really really love to have one fo these!!

Thanks,

Donna

This is Cappuccio from the B.V. website..

{{gwi:443994}}

Comments (16)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I labeled that INCORECTLY!! (stupid girl that I am) The picture is Ratatouille :-((

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    12 years ago

What BV website are you referring to??
    K

Original Author
    12 years ago

Well, on Emarillis.com on the etc. @ the top of the page it takes you to sites overseas..5th one down..

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

Donna,

They are very different cultivars!

'Cappuccino' I believe is actually 'Mocca' which is a Leo Berbee hybrid that has been used for cutflowers for quite some time. I suspected this and researched a bit and found the pictures matched.

'Ratatouille' is from B.V. which has produced the Hippeastrum from the "Hardy" series such as 'Swan Lake', 'Candy', 'Balentino', 'Flamingo' and several others. 'Ratatouille' is still not in commercial production; B.V. Breeding I noticed sells the rights to many of their hybrids such as a few Hadeco productions.

Josh

Original Author
    12 years ago

Josh,

Thank you for the information..I thought I had missed the boat by not buying Cappuccino as lovely as it is, my heart belongs to Ratatouille..would really love to get my hands on one of those...don't you just love it?!? Thanks again,

Donna

• haweha
    12 years ago

I assume that both have H.papilio as one parent.

Original Author
    12 years ago

Well, It certainly appears that Ratatouille does..just look at all those undulating curves..you can almost see her swaying in the greenhouse breeze... ;-)

11 years ago

Just posting a follow-up on this. BV is hesitant to offer this hybrid for sale until they can prove its performance. At present it is hesitant to send up a second scape, and as you know, most bulbs are sold with the promise of 2 scapes.

I think it's lovely too...hmmm.
    Kristi

Original Author
    11 years ago

I for one, would love to have a couple of these bulbs. We all struggle to get papilio to bloom and that certainly doesn't stop any of us...How many of you out there would buy one or more of these bulbs with the promise of only one scape?

The list is quite long of bulbs I have purchased over the years that only put up one scape at the first blooming and, some reluctantly at that!

Donna

• joshy46013
    11 years ago

BV offered to send me a few bulbs in the past but since I lived outside of Europe they said they weren't able to due to cost.

Maybe if someone offers to pay for the shipping (phyto) they'd send them over?

11 years ago

I think if we could get an idea how many people were interested in the bulb, and know if they'd be willing to split costs for phyto certificate and shipping, we might be able to arrange something with BV.

Josh, do you have an import license? Thinking you do for your species imports...

K

PS...welcome back!

• joshy46013
    11 years ago

Kristi,

I do not have an import license, most of my stuff comes in the country through a friend who arranges it all.

BV seems very generous and I'm sure they'd be willing to send things over!

Thanks Kristi, I missed you guys ;)

• lenanen
    11 years ago

A bit small, flower diameter 9cm, approx. 3,5 in (according to B.V. Breeding). Very delicious though...

11 years ago

wow...that's pretty small!!
    Thanks Lena!
    Kristi

Original Author
    11 years ago

That is about the size that my Tinkerbell was!!

11 years ago

hence the name....T i n k e r b e l l !!!
    Seems like it would be larger from the photo!!
    Well...close up shots do make things look bigger, especially with a "busy" background!
    Guess we'll just have to wait....
    K

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions